Hi there! I am Francisco, a small town Hispanic artist whose life was completely transformed and given meaning to thanks to music and God. I want to share the beauty and wonder of music with you. I am a Berklee College of Music alumni and a seasoned professional musician with first-hand "real world" experience having toured several countries. My music has received critical praise through mediums such as The Deli NYC, Vice Colombia, Noisey, and more. For more than 2 years I served as Music Director and Music Instructor in DG Rockers Guitar and Music School located in Brooklyn, NY. During my time at DGR I designed and oversaw the majority of the music program, taught students of all ages, and through my upbeat approach to teaching I helped increase the number of students to 8 times the amount from which I started. Most importantly, I inspired and developed many artists that will forever be some of my greatest friends!
My passion is spreading light and healing through music.
Ofrezco clases en Español!
Teacher for after-school music program involving groups of K-2 students gathered together to learn the basics of piano, rhythm, and all things music.
• Greet and assist all potential clients.
• Developed and implemented lessons for multiple instruments including piano, guitar, drums, bass, and voice.
• Designed and oversaw the majority of the school’s music program.
• Helped formulate and implement marketing and sales strategies.
• Continually created fun and innovative ways of teaching music by explaining musical concepts using poetic metaphors, teaching classical techniques with game-like approaches, and engaging students to explore their emotions through musical performance.
• Effectively engaged and inspired students with learning support needs through various methods including games, mentoring, and reenactment of roles.
• Built excellent rapport with students and parents.
• Assisted with increasing the number of music students from 3 to 25 students a week in less than a year.
• Inspired several students to continue to study music in academia.
Up-to-date training on safety measures involving children of all ages.
· Guitar · In home Extremely knowledgeable and friendly. Great approach!
· Piano · In home Francisco does a great job and keeps Lauren engaged while teaching her and encouraging her at her own pace!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Francisco has been a great instructor thus far. It's evident he loves teaching. He explains techniques in a simple manner and is extremely patient and encouraging. I would recommend Fransico to any beginner or advanced guitarist.
· Acoustic Guitar · In home A wonderful teacher and person,
· Guitar · In home Great first lesson!! My son is very much looking forward to the next one.
· Piano · In home Francisco is very patient and professional with my 6 year old. My son loves his company and is learning at a rapid speed. We are looking forward to what the next few months will bring in his progress.
· Guitar · In home Great start. Francisco worked very well with my 4yr old. Look forward to the next session.
· Piano · In studio Our experience with Franisco Valente as piano instructor for our twins has been fantastic! .His patience and creativity when teaching kids, his expertise, his friendly demeanor has brought us years of amazimg and positive memories. Our children improved in so many ways musically and the memories and experience my children have had with Francisco have been Unforgettable and dear to us..Francisco is really so very talented and has music in his bones..Any student would be very lucky to have him as a teacher! he is a true professional and a gentleman.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I am writing on behalf of Francisco V. I am the owner of a private music school located in Brooklyn, NY. I believe his dedication, passion, knowledge, and innovation would be a valuable asset to you.
I first met Francisco on October of the year 2013 when he was interviewing for the position of piano instructor at my school and I remember right away knowing that he would be a great fit. His humility and passion towards serving others was evident right away.
Throughout the first year of him teaching at my school I remember thinking Over the years I saw Francisco take initiative and build up the music program, composing songs mindfully catered to his students’ musical development, creating his own music learning sheets, inventing comparisons and games to help his students better understand musical concepts, and even simplifying more advanced musical exercises such as the Hanon techniques so that his students could begin strengthening their coordination and technique right from the beginning. I also witnessed him bringing an idea we brainstormed together to life by creating fun and effective rock band classes and putting together concerts with me to showcase our students’ achievements.
His upbeat, positive, and kind demeanor was always a great source of inspiration for our students, their parents, and his peers. The passion with which he taught each class cultivated a love for music in every student’s heart that I believe has left a lasting imprint. We always believed in building a sense of community with our students and their parents.
This was something that Francisco was very passionate about, to the extent that he became a mentor and positive role model to our students, catching up with them every class, advising them positively on all matters musical and non-musical, and even bringing them Christmas gifts. He also became a great friend to our family of parents, always treating them with respect, kindness, and talking with them after classes.