- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a professional vocalist who regularly performs with orchestras, rock bands, jazz bands and as a singer/songwriter. I teach beginners to professional touring artists and can break down the seemingly complex vocal techniques in simple to understand concepts and exercises. My focus areas are breath, placement and freedom from tension in order to increase your efficiency, stamina and flexibility between registers and musicality. (See my online tutorials for a quick idea of what it might be like to work with me)
I have a degree in Vocal Performance from the University of Michigan and have worked professionally from Opera to Pop. I started my professional music career at the age of 10, traveling the world with the American Boychoir School in Princeton, NJ. I moved to the San Francisco Bay Area where I worked as an instructor and vocal coach for the Grammy Award Winning Pacific Boychoir. I also sang professionally for ensembles such as the San Francisco Symphony Chorus, Clerestory, American Bach Soloists and San Francisco Pocket Opera.
I am currently a vocal instructor for Sweetwater Music Academy, music director for the Jesters (a theatre ensemble for people with developmental disabilities) and I sing for hospital patients as a Parkview Healing Artist. I have taught grade levels K-8 in private schools so I am accustomed to all age levels.
As a songwriter I have composed and performed music for MTV, VHI, E! and the Oxygen Network, and have acted on commercials for Southern Comfort, Old Spice, & Anthem Blue Cross.
I am also the songwriter and front man for the original regional RootsRock band, Fernando T. & The Wickersham Bros and have established myself as a teaching artist for young audiences through the Carnegie Hall Link Up Concert Series.
I look forward any questions you may have and hope to help you or your child find creative fulfillment from the most unique instrument in the world- your voice!
[PLEASE NOTE: I will be teaching exclusively online from June-December 2017 period and am happy to squeeze in as many in in location lessons you would like before then]
Grammy Award Winning Boychoir - Changed Voice Coach
Classical Art Song, Opera Pwrformance, Acting, Dance, Movement
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Singing · In studio I'm so glad we signed up for singing lessons! Fernando is a natural teacher for all ages. Don't hesitate to consult!
My 6 year old granddaughter, Avery, had so much fun (learning) about octaves, counting beats, singing and she accompanied Fernando with ease!
P.s. I was ready to join in too!
· Songwriting · In studio Fernando is a true talent and an asset to the community of Fort Wayne, Indiana. My first experience with him was 7 years ago at St. Henry Community Center. Fernando sang and played guitar during our Christmas recital. I was completely amazed with his vocal range and ability to captivate an audience with his overall musical aura. Fernando also taught vocal lessons for St. Henry and continued to contribute his ideas and talents to enhance the community center. We were blessed to have him as a part of our staff. He is, without a doubt, the best vocal coach that one could ask for. If you are looking to make singing a goal of yours in 2017, do yourself a favor and sign up for lessons with Fernando.
· Songwriting · In home Fernando is one of the best vocal coaches around. He is a great vocalist and coach, but what I love most about working with him is his patience, guidance and support. He takes the time to fully understand what it is his clients are trying to accomplish and creates his lessons based on this. In other words, he works to help you achieve the best vocals given your chosen genre. I've worked with other vocal coaches and some of them just have a pre made lesson, which is fine, but I like the fact Fernando structures the lessons base on my style and what I am trying to achieve. If you do POP, he helps you with POP, if you do R&B he helps you with R&B etc etc.. but around you, not just some basic pre-boxed lessons.
He is brilliant when it comes to writing music and helping come up with new ideas for songs. He once taught me a game for writing lyrics about 4 years ago that to this day I still use in my sessions.
I continue to use the teachings he has given me in my music career and with my clients when we are in the studio recording. He is my number 1 recommendation when clients ask for a vocal coach.
· Choir · In studio Fernando is super great! Knows how to teach technique and make music incredibly fun! His knowledge ranges vastly from classical to folk to pop to almost anything else.
· Audition Prep · Online Fernando is a great instructor! He's very professional and very knowledgeable. He has encouraged me, given me confidence in my abilities, and has pushed me to improve. I highly recommend him!
· Singing · In studio Fernando has extensive experience in many styles and is great with kids.
· Vocal Training · In studio Fernando is very knowledgeable in his craft. He is easygoing in terms of rep as long as the music is at an appropriate level for you. Even if that's not the case he treats your desired material as a goal and trains you in the direction you'd like to grow. He's a very positive person who makes you feel very comfortable in every lesson, and makes effort to impart his vast performance experience to you. The quality of his lessons are awesome, and my voice has grown an incredible amount in the time I've worked with him.
· Vocal Training · Online Professional and fun! Fernando is the best coach!
· Singing · In home I learned more in half an hour with Fernando, then I had learned in 10 years of playing shows.
· Songwriting · Online My daughter (age 9) had an excellent time working with Fernando and has been super motivated to keep songwriting. They wrote the cutest songs and we're planning on having Fernando record her in the studio when he gets back to Fort Wayne!