- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Evelyn is a conservatory-trained classical pianist, who enjoys working with students of all levels and ages. Born in Korea and raised in the United States, Evelyn has placed at numerous piano competitions, and has performed throughout the United States, Asia, and Europe.
Evelyn is currently pursuing a master’s degree in Piano Performance at the University of Southern California. She previously studied at the San Francisco Conservatory of Music and the Eastman School of Music, and her teachers include Bernadene Blaha, Yoshikazu Nagai, and Enrico Elisi.
For a more extensive bio, please visit her website at evelynleepiano.com
· Piano · In studio I'm always very happy with my lessons each week; I look forward to them because they're fun and I learn a lot!!
· Classical Piano · In studio I played piano for 13 years, from ages 5 to 18, and then just stopped when I went away to college. I had aptitude for the instrument but did not have the discipline to sit down and practice. Fast forward 17 years, and I get intimidated just looking at a piano! I realized if I ever wanted to play again I'd have to find an instructor. It was so easy to find Evelyn via Red Pelican Music, and I started classes right away. It was a little frustrating to start from square one, but I know I really had to (I'd forgotten so much!). Evelyn was always encouraging and knew exactly what I needed to hear and learn. She also knew just when to introduce actual classical pieces instead of having me focus on the beginner books with short pieces and music theory. I love working with her and have made so much progress in the <6 months we have been working together. I would highly recommend her to any beginner or to someone re-starting as a beginner. And, of course, she's a highly accomplished pianist, so any skilled pianists looking for instruction would benefit from her teaching.
· Piano · In studio Evelyn is very patient and she pays a lot of attention to the music theory, which is extremely helpful.