- Teaches students:
- and Ages 5 to 60
- Teaching since:
- September 2010
Dual Major in Piano Performance (Classical/Jazz Study) and Film Scoring at Berklee College of Music
Studied with professor
Ed Bedner (Doctoral Studies at BU)
Vadim Neselovskyi (International Pianist/Composer)
*** Lesson Details ***
- Relaxation Technique: Maximize your performance ability that you already have. (It takes a week to master it, and I will walk you through how you will be applying to the pieces you work on)
- Classical Repertoire: Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, and more! If you have a school recital, we can work on these masters' pieces. You will be not only memorize and play, but also express as if it were your own music.
- Jazz & Improvisation: Beginner to Intermediate level (pre-college level) Learning jazz gives you a great foundation to play any kinds of contemporary music; R&B, Dance, Folk, etc.
Each lesson will give you hands-on exercises along with insights to delve into your creativity. It is highly important to determine what each student's goal is in order to design the course. So, please consult with me!
- Recital Preparation, College Application Prep.
* * * * *
- Optimal Singing Body
Although the health of your body is crucial in performing any kinds of instruments, singing needs your body to be the most optimal condition because Your Body Is Your Instruments.
I will help you to keep up with taking care of your body in terms of singing. There are techniques that you can learn to maximize your singing ability. I will share them with you each session.
- Finding your Own Voice
We will work together to discover what styles that suit your voice most. And, we will get your unique voice emerge, so that you don't try to sing like someone, but you actually sing it.
- Basic Musicality - pith, rhythm, expressions!
Even when you are physically ready, if your brain doesn't understand what you are hearing and singing, you aren't going anywhere. Ear training with me will improve this area, for sure.
* * * * *
- Theory that prepares you to Compose:
To get you ready to compose, you need to know a bit about 'Harmony, Counterpoint', which has been a powerful tool for generations. If you are not going to master classical composition, however, it can be overwhelming. I will walk you through the most important materials that you need to know to start your composition.
- Your Actual Compositions Down!
We will work together to finish your compositions either on paper, recording or both at the end of the semester. You will be proud of yourself to have your portfolio!
* * * * *
I also offer the combination of each area described above.
I recommend to spend at least 30 min for each area though.
Thank you so much for reading the introduction. I would be really happy to hear from you and to have a chance to improve our "music life" together eventually.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Upright Piano, Keyboard, Video/Audio Recording, Sequencing Device, Korean Percussions
*** Travel Equipment ***
*** Specialties ***
Piano: Classical, Jazz, Pop and Technique
Voice Coaching in various style
Composition: Finding your own voice in writing
Korean Drumming: Janggu and Korean Rhythms
Harmony, Ear Training and other Berklee Core Music curriculum tutor for fellow students
Fun and friendly experience. Eunhye is also patient which is needed with me!
I learn so much in my first lesson
Eunhye J. is a great vocal teacher, she has help me so much with technique and breathing. If you need a vocal teacher I recommend her, she is friendly professional and patient.