- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My style and attitude toward teaching tends to be conversational, reflective, and interactive, along the lines of current research on effective education. I have developed a talent with certain creative arts, such as imaginative writing and electronic music production; as a result, I am computer literate, capable of assisting with computer assembly, maintenance, and design, as well as productivity software. Due to my limited funds, I do not have direct experience with the Adobe suite, but I have extensive knowledge of related, free distributions that are transferable. I also have formal education in the field of English, innovative leadership, and Education. My current level is Master of Arts with advancement to the dissertation phase of a PhD program. My most popular subjects are as follows:
American-English Pronunciation Practice (ESL):
*****Each Lesson with Free Video & MP3 Recording*****
Carefully following Burkkowsky's (1969) multi-media method, I have taught this subject for over five years for public and private causes, such as library, individuals, and language schools. My emphasis for pronunciation is a scientific, comprehensive overview and treatment of the various sounds, rhythms, inflections, and patterns the spoken language integrates. I encourage practicing and mastering both the sounds themselves, as well as how the sounds are connected and contextualized. I use contemporary sound recording and .wav editing software to involve audio feedback and self-monitoring.
Sources: Burkkowsky, Mitchess (1969) Teaching American Pronunciation to Foreign Students. New York: Warren Green, 1969.
German Language and Culture:
*****Each Lesson with Free Video & MP3 Recording*****
I have grown up bilingual English and German, attending an international school from a very young age. I attended, also, a German public secondary school, where I earned a diploma. I taught German in the language lab of a community college, for special needs students, and for private agencies, such as Tutor Doctor. My emphasis is on a comparative introduction of the language to draw out a common ground and familiarize possibly daunting differences. I also enjoy asserting that German is often underestimated as a rewarding second language to study.
This spreadsheet and data management software program is of crucial, pivotal importance in any business and financial environment. The program enables efficient and prompt development of arithmetic and statistical calculations of vast data sets. It also helps to visualize and juxtapose related or even discrepant variables. My approach to teaching the program is cumulative and holistic, starting with an introduction to personal inventory management to the processing of large data sets using pivot tables, charts, and dashboards. My emphasis is on making the program as intelligible and transparent as possible to avoid frustration and intimidation. I use a lot of examples and visuals that are readily available.
I teach the touch-typing method that is the convention for most journalistic and input-intensive organizational settings. I teach the home row, proper finger and hand positions, proficiency with left and right hands, as well as posture and concentration methods. I enrich the teaching with resources from the web, such as speed-building and error reduction.
• Facilitated the composition of college preparatory essays
• Tutored and mentored the comprehension and retention of middle to high school vocabulary
• Administered and graded exams, quizzes, and in-class essay-writing assignments
• Led and coached debates and social science topics, such as geography and interpersonal skills
• Prepared and implemented original and open-source learning materials related to language arts
• Teaching English pronunciation and related classes to diverse students with group exercises
• Tutoring literacy development to students, individualized and in groups
• Conferencing and guiding students about their improvement and literacy level
• Offering motivational, and self-realization strategies for confidence and independence
• Assisted an autistic individual with his graduate-level coursework in the field of German literature
• Developed original study guides, translations, and consultation strategies related to the subject
• Facilitated the comprehension of German language through conversation, personal experience, and
• Taught German-English relations with an emphasis on emotional intelligence, empathy, and cultural
• Provided a learning experience in the field of first-year student writing
• Facilitated small group work, as well as whole class discussion
• Offered prompt, equitable grades, along with individualized conferences and formative feedback
• Introduced the field of college writing from a critical, creative, and expository perspective
· German · Online Erol is patient, supportive, and has a lot of tools for me to practice between lessons. I would recommend him for teaching German.
· Microsoft Excel · Online Really informative. Very patient and helpful.
· English · In home Erol is a wonderful teacher: kind, professional and friendly. Learning with him was very enjoyable, and significantly helped improve my English pronunciation. I would happily recommend him to others.
· Typing · Online Had a great experience.
· Microsoft Excel · Online Erol, provided one-on-one project training in Excel. He explained and demonstrated how to use the tools and commands most often used, which is what I needed. He was very clear in his explanations and professional. Erol was also easy to schedule a class with. As there is so much information about the Excel program, it is helpful to know what topic you want to cover. Thank you!
· Microsoft Office · Online Erol is the best
· German · Online I definitely recommend taking classes with Erol; He is very clear, knowledgeable and flexible with the time, he also like to make the class interesting and makes it easier to learn grammar and pronunciation
BONUS: You will learn about Germany's history and geography at the same time you are learning the language.
· Microsoft Excel · Online Erol was very patient and very professional. He went out of his way to make sure that I understood. Thank you Erol
· German · In studio Erol was the best teacher I've ever had. He does everything possible for you to understand, learn, and retain. Amazing.
· ESL · Online He is incredible and very knowlegdable