- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am an enthusiastic, caring, and patient voice and piano instructor. I am passionate about both music and teaching.
I began playing piano when I was 9 years, and began classical vocal instruction at the age of 10. I have been teaching both voice and piano since 2004. I received my Bachelors of Music in Music Therapy in 2013. I believe passionately in the healing and restorative power of music. My teaching methods are based on traditional practices and pedagogy while also incorporating my studentâs musical preferences, and personal goals. My main goal as a teacher is to help each student reach their highest musical potential while developing a life-long love for music.
*** Lesson Details ***
I am a relaxed and patient teacher. I use positive reinforcement in order to help inspire and motivate my students. I do expect my students to play and/or sing outside of lessons, but I will never make my students feel anything but proud of their accomplishments as a musician.
My piano students will learn note reading, proper fingering, posture and technique, music theory, chord theory, ear training, and performance.
My voice students will learn proper posture, breathing, vocal technique and alignment. They will also learn how to sing in many different styles, or if they wish we can focus on specific genre of music.
Within 3-6 months my students will have a much greater understanding of music, and will have developed a passion for playing their instrument or singing.
*** Specialties ***
I use many different method books when teaching piano and am most comfortable with the Bastien series and Alfreds. When teaching voice I draw on many different methods and am comfortable teaching classical, pop, musical theater, and jazz.
AMTA's purpose is the progressive development of the therapeutic use of music in rehabilitation, special education, and community settings. Predecessors, unified in 1998, included the National Association for Music Therapy founded in 1950 and the American Association for Music Therapy founded in 1971. AMTA is committed to the advancement of education, training, professional standards, credentials, and research in support of the music therapy profession.
· Piano · In home Erin related to my grand daughter very easy. She was able to easily identify and perform the directions given to her. Erin was patient and pleasant to learn from.
· Piano · In studio My kids loved her.
· Singing · In studio Erin is very personable and patient. I look forward to future lessons with her.
· Piano · In studio I had a great experience with Erin. She is very personable and definitely knows what she is doing.
· Singing · In studio My grandson said you were great and very pleasant person
· Singing · In home Erin is a breath of fresh air. No matter what the problem she is there to help and her skills are impeccable! Erin really knows how to teach and I am very happy as I continue learning. I am an older person and Erin has the patience needed to work with anyone. I highly recommend Erin and I love it when she sings, what a wonderful voice.
· Piano · In studio Erin is very kind and is very patient with my child. My son is learning a lot and I am quite pleased with how she teaches.
· Singing · In home Faith was VERY HAPPY w her lesson/ THANK YOU!
· Piano · In studio Erin is great to work with. She has a very easy going and positive personality, and yet gets the student to work hard and practice. She is flexible and willing to adjust hours and days when things come up.
She occasionally will cancel with various family or personal issues, so your flexibility is needed as well.
Overall, we have been happy with our daughters progress and motivation.
· Piano · In studio I've been taking lessons with Erin for about 2 years, and I couldn't be happier with her. I'm a thirty something newbie, and with her guidance and support I'm at a level I would have never imagined before. She encourages and trusts, while putting the right amount of pressure to practice and try. Erin is caring and patient, and genuinely wants to see me succeed in my goals. If you have to choose a teacher, she's the best one around!