* Are you a person who wants a dynamic voice, but only gains approval from your bathroom tiles?
* Do you already have a nice voice and now want to strengthen your basic skills as a singer?
* Are you a professional singer that needs that "added touch" to take your vocals from brilliant to Grammy?
If you fall into any of these categories, let me introduce myself...
My name is Erik. I am a very energetic, friendly, understanding and passionate vocal coach who has worked with students and clientele in the United States, Norway, the United Kingdom, Japan and Italy. Possessing more than 12 years of vocal training and music industry experience, I've been able to take people's voices to amazing levels. I love getting to know people and challenging my students to view music more than just a "skill", but also a tool to communicate effectively with your audience and a weapon to combat life's obstacles. So, whether you're wanting to become the best bathroom singer or ready to sharpen your skills to go after or maintain your Grammy Award winning status, let me be the Vocal Coach to get you there!
* Graduate of The Fort Hayes Metropolitan Arts & Academics School (1997; Specialization in Music)
* Studied Voice Techniques Dr. Raymond Wise at The Raise Productions School of the Performing Arts
* Studied Voice Techniques with Kevin McCloud at The Ohio State University
* Studied Scene and Character Analysis with Anne Diehl at The Columbus Actor's Studio
* Bilingual in both English and Japanese
* Extremely intuitive communication skills with his students
*** Lesson Details ***
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHILE WORKING WITH ERIK?
* TECHNICAL BENEFITS *
DISCOVER how to broaden and/or strengthen the range that you have.
DEVELOP breathing strategies and projection techniques to give your songs more power and versatility.
MEASURE your success by recording your vocal progress along the way.
DEFINE the differences between falsetto, natural, and chest voice.
~ STYLISH BENEFITS ~
PERSONALIZE your vocal lessons by learning techniques used by your favorite artists in "their" songs.
STAND OUT by learning how to color your lyrics to make your songs more believable.
FEEL FREE learning in a comfortable atmosphere where you can excel successfully as a vocalist!
CONQUER shyness and insecurities by unleashing the dynamic performer in you!
*** Travel Equipment ***
M-Audio Keyboard (49), MacBook with Garage Band
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in R&B, Soul, American Pop and J-Pop (Japanese Pop Music) and Gospel.