* Are you a person who wants a dynamic voice, but only gains approval from your bathroom tiles?
* Do you already have a nice voice and now want to strengthen your basic skills as a singer?
* Are you a professional singer that needs that "added touch" to take your vocals from brilliant to Grammy?
If you fall into any of these categories, let me introduce myself...
My name is Erik. I am a very energetic, friendly, understanding and passionate vocal coach who has worked with students and clientele in the United States, Norway, the United Kingdom, Japan and Italy. Possessing more than 12 years of vocal training and music industry experience, I've been able to take people's voices to amazing levels. I love getting to know people and challenging my students to view music more than just a "skill", but also a tool to communicate effectively with your audience and a weapon to combat life's obstacles. So, whether you're wanting to become the best bathroom singer or ready to sharpen your skills to go after or maintain your Grammy Award winning status, let me be the Vocal Coach to get you there!
* Graduate of The Fort Hayes Metropolitan Arts & Academics School (1997; Specialization in Music)
* Studied Voice Techniques Dr. Raymond Wise at The Raise Productions School of the Performing Arts
* Studied Voice Techniques with Kevin McCloud at The Ohio State University
* Studied Scene and Character Analysis with Anne Diehl at The Columbus Actor's Studio
* Bilingual in both English and Japanese
* Extremely intuitive communication skills with his students
*** Lesson Details ***
WHAT CAN I EXPECT WHILE WORKING WITH ERIK?
* TECHNICAL BENEFITS *
DISCOVER how to broaden and/or strengthen the range that you have.
DEVELOP breathing strategies and projection techniques to give your songs more power and versatility.
MEASURE your success by recording your vocal progress along the way.
DEFINE the differences between falsetto, natural, and chest voice.
~ STYLISH BENEFITS ~
PERSONALIZE your vocal lessons by learning techniques used by your favorite artists in "their" songs.
STAND OUT by learning how to color your lyrics to make your songs more believable.
FEEL FREE learning in a comfortable atmosphere where you can excel successfully as a vocalist!
CONQUER shyness and insecurities by unleashing the dynamic performer in you!
*** Travel Equipment ***
M-Audio Keyboard (49), MacBook with Garage Band
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in R&B, Soul, American Pop and J-Pop (Japanese Pop Music) and Gospel.
· Singing · Patient, talented, heart of a teacher
Erik has been amazing to work with so far. Extremely talented, and yet very patient and willing to work with me at my level. He has the heart of a teacher, the highest praise I can give. He'll try multiple ways of explaining something if I'm not getting it. He keeps things moving with different exercises, but doesn't shy away from pushing me to do the hard work that I need to do. I feel already I've got solid ground under me to continue improving as a singer.
· · This program has great and substantial offering to the musical community
Erik is an excellent music teacher, coach and motivator. His instruction methods include dynamic listening for specific notes and sound recognition. He is professional, yet friendly and approachable. He has a way of making his teaching methods comfortable while smoothly moving you to the next level of performance.
· · I love this guy!
Erik is awesome! I love his positive energy. He is great with people of all levels.
· · Cool Dude
Taking lessons with this cat is really cool, he pushes you and he has a great deal of patience. I think he is honest when it comes to students expectations and his expectations of his students, so as a result he breathes confidence into his students, so I know that I must put my all in these lessons in order to maximize my potential. He is like any great teacher or instructor I have encountered he expects much out of you but it is fun trying to get to the next level.
· · Student
Great Teacher! I am learning great tips on breathing, tone, pitch and vocal chord theory. The best part is how to develope and fine tune what I have. Erik D. calls it "putting color in your voice" It's about continuing education and development. Thanks for the opportunity to lean and grow with the gift God has given me.