- Teaches students:
- and Ages 20 to 55
- Teaching since:
- October 2007
My name is Erica. I am a native (from Madrid-Spain-) qualified teacher and I can't wait to meet you!
I've been teaching Spanish since 2006 and have loved helping my students to improve their language skills, loose their fear to speak and pass the DELE exams.
I went to Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona and earned a degree in Journalism in in 2007. Then I went to Universitat de Barcelona and earned a degree in Linguistics in 2009.
I eventually went to Universidad de Alcalá de Henares and earned a Master’s degree in Teaching Spanish (ELE) in 2012.
I'm an open,patient and professional person and my teaching style is communicative, fun and eclectic.
Have you ever wondered why you completed so many grammar books, attended for years to an academy and /or still feeling like … when trying to talk?
No worries. I can help you to reach your goals.
All language skills (writing, reading, listening and speaking) are integrated in the lessons.
All levels (from beginners to advanced students)
All purposes (general Spanish, tourism, journalism coach, DELE preparation, business, medicine….).
Get started ASAP to speak Spanish and get into our culture.
- designed and developed all year groups syllabus (Y.6-Y.12)
- encouraged high expectations for pupils behavior
- ensured consistent and effective planning of lessons and sequences of lessons, to meet students' individual learning needs
- communicated effectively, orally and in writing, with other professionals, students, parents and community
- tutored students for DELE exams
- promoted extra curricula activities
- used teaching methods that engages students by a creative use of resources
- prepared students for IGCSE/A Level exams
- instructed consistently high quality lessons
- conducted cultural seminars
- evaluated undergraduate students from more than 20 countries
- encouraged self-assessment by students and assisted them in developing plans for improving their performance
- maintained academic focus by using a variety of motivational techniques
- taught lessons to high school students in groups and face to face lessons
- created materials and resources to support Spanish department
- made an active contribution to the policies and aspirations of the school
- managed behavior effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
I met Erica when I moved to Madrid and started my PhD. Since I have been working many hours per day I did not have enough time to participate at scheduled spanish language courses. That is why I found the idea of online spanish classes very brilliant and useful for me! This method is very flexible, entertaining and very efficient. I truly recommend Erica as a spanish teacher and the learning method she offers! Good luck Erica and thanks for your classes!
Conocí a Erica cuando me mudé a Madrid y empecé mi doctorado. No tenía mucho tiempo para participar en clases de español. Por este motivo, me gusto mucho la idea de aprender español online. Es un método muy flexible, entretenido y eficiente! Recomiendo mucho Erica como profesora y le deseo mucha suerte en su trabajo! Además de ser una excelente profesora, es una chica muy encantadora! Abrazos!
I've had a lot of fun learning with Erica! I've improved and learnt a lot about Spanish culture that only a native can tell you and that's been really helpful, such as expressions and the exact way to say things despite what I was taught before.
I've never been bored in her classes and found this way of learning much better than being in class.