- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I'm a former public school music teacher with a BA in Music Education, and in my five years of teaching I was fortunate to work with students from 4th-12th grade in a variety of classes, including orchestra, band, and guitar. I left my teaching job last June to pursue a career in comedy/acting/writing, and am currently looking for private students to supplement my income. I'm a very positive, encouraging teacher, and there are few things I enjoy more than seeing students learn and master new skills. My goal is to teach you a great technical foundation on the instrument while helping you learn whatever music interests and excites you. I look forward to meeting you!
Taught 9th-12th grade orchestra, band, and guitar
Taught 4th-8th grade orchestra
Taught 4th-6th grade orchestra
· Guitar · In studio Eric was a really great teacher when trying to develop my Guitar skills in high school. He always gave great insight and had a lot of great tips that helped me as a beginner in guitar. He's very personable and will answer all of the questions you have. This guy has a whole lot of talent and is really good at what he does. He was extremely impactful on me as a student and I would definitely recommend learning from him.
· Trombone · Overall, Eric is a skillful musician and just as great an instructor. This allows him to personalize a lesson to many different instruments without detracting from the skills learned and lessons taught. Whether it's in a group sectional or an individual lesson, Eric's charismatic and outgoing personality transfers to his teaching methods and that's exactly what you look for in good instructor. Very grateful I was able to learn from such a great dude.
· Guitar · In studio I had Eric for my senior year in high school as a guitar teacher, and as a director for the school orchestra which attended several large scale events as well as an international trip to Cuba to perform. Although he keeps things light and fun most of the time during class, he never ceases to get the job done with large ensembles, and as far as 1 on 1 training goes, he was always patient with his students and organized with his lessons. If I got to study under him for more than just 2 semesters, this rating would probably become a five star.
· Violin · In studio Great teacher! Works well with students and creates a learning environment that is both educational and engaging.
· Music Theory · In studio A great all-around educator and musician! Knows how to engage students and explain concepts and new ideas in both conventional and unconventional ways.
· Cello · Online Eric LB is one of the greatest teachers I have ever had. He is so passionate about everything he does and truly knows a lot about music. Along with that, he has skill and charisma to make every interaction worthwhile and impactful. I truly recommend him to be your teacher, it will be worth it! He worked with all different types of instruments and music skills in our orchestra and managed to deal with each individual on a personal level, despite having over 50 kids in the orchestra. He is one of the reasons I am so passionate about the viola and continue playing it after 7 years. He is also one of the teachers that brought our high school orchestra to the Midwest Clinic in 2015! So grateful to have someone so passionate and talented to teach me!
· Cello · In studio Mr. LB is a very knowledgeable cello teacher. Through taking lessons with him, I was able to not only become more confident in my cello playing but also learn challenging techniques. LB is very funny and kind during his lessons-- I would definitely recommend him!.
· Guitar · In studio Eric is an incredible teacher and musician. He makes the lessons fun and knowledgeable. He goes at my pace and has a lot of patience. I recommend him to anyone that wants to truly learn how to play and have fun doing it. Thanks Eric!