- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I've been working professionally as an artist since 2009, making graphics and illustrations for clients and having worked for Disney Research for just over a year. I graduated from Carnegie Mellon University with a Bachelor's in Fine Arts in 2012. I'm currently a freelance artist, but I'd also love to contribute to the art education community by inspiring and instructing anyone who wants to learn.
I specialize in drawing/illustration, digital painting, and 2D animation, mostly in the context of video games (with 2D graphics). I can also give advice in the designing of video games as well as marketing them.
My hope and mission is to successfully distribute my knowledge, skills and experience to anyone who wants to acquire them.
I'm capable of a large range of improvements, from goals as hobbyists to more professional goals. I have successfully helped students get admitted into their desired art schools, as well as helped artists get their first gigs as freelancers. I can serve as a mentor for an artist's early years as a contractor.
Thank you for your interest!
- create game graphics for clients (character animations, background imagery, objects, user interface designs)
- digital painting
- 2D animations
- advise in game designs
- advise in game marketing
- worked in Maya, rigging, animating, modeling and rendering
- worked with motion capture data
- created concept art
- created miscellaneous 2D art/illustrations
- made graphics for video games
- created 2D concept art for 3D modelers to model after
- created 3D models with 3D Studio Max
- created all graphics for a video game
- 2D animated characters
- background images
- title logo and UI
· Animation · Online Emily was extremely helpful. She taught my daughter who didn't know anything about animation and coached her all the way until she was able to produce a short animated movie. She is always very professional and caring of the student needs.
Thank you Emily for all your help.
· Drawing · Online Emily is extremely patient, knowledgeable, and well rounded. Students of any age will benefit from her expertise.
· Drawing · Online Emily is fantastic. She is patient and really good at instructing and critiquing work. She seems very experienced and really tries to give both positive feedback and the appropriate constructive criticism. She is also great at encouraging students to not get frustrated by "mistakes" but to accept that mistakes are a part of the growing and becoming a better artist. Having Emily in my ear and working on sketching with me has greatly improved the way I am seeing my work and I'm very much looking forward to working with her more to improve my skills. I would highly recommend her.
· Animation · Online My 13-year-old son had his first lesson and when he finished he came bounding down the stairs to show me what they made. He told me Emily was cool, funny, and really easy to talk to. He was comfortable right away and they dove right into his interest.
· Drawing · Online Attentive, engaged and informative. Emily takes time to check in to meet skill level and tailor sessions to your needs.
· Drawing · Online Emily prepared my 2 kids for Art School Auditions. She researched the school's requirements and prepared my kids accordingly. My daughter who auditioned a month ago was accepted to the art school thanks to Emily for her gifts, patience, and attention to detail. My son will have his audition this weekend. He feels fully prepared. Emily is awesome and we are grateful to have her as a teacher!
· Illustration · Online I'm a 20 year old college student and I've been taking Animation, Illustration, and Painting lessons with Emily for almost two years now. I started out very new to drawing and painting, especially digitally, and Emily has brought me so far in the past couple years. She has taught me about animation, color theory, drawing, illustration, and even professionalism as a contracted artist herself. I've progressed so much, and she has been there with me every step of the way! Emily is so patient and encouraging, and pushes you to really do your best and work at what you're learning. That being said, she has never been one to pressure me or push me too far, or be too harsh. These lessons are meant to be fun, and she keeps it that way! My weekly lessons are the highlight of my week, and I truly can't rate her highly enough. I would recommend her for young kids just as much as older kids (like me!) and even hopeful professionals.
· Illustration · Online Emily was patient and made accommodations for my 6 year old who is showing some interest in drawing.
· Animation · Online Emily is great- she really took the time with my daughter to explain how to use the program.
· Adobe Photoshop · Online Emily as so patient with our daughter. In one short hour, our daughter picked up so many new tricks and was comfortably playing around in the software!