- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Emily enjoys helping her students find their own unique musical path. She teaches beginner and intermediate guitar, songwriting and voice. Emily emphasizes learning by ear while utilizing over 15 years of formal music training. She teaches many genres, including folk, rock and pop. A professional singer-songwriter and performer, Emily specializes in teaching students how to play and sing. However, lessons are strongly individualized, with a focus on helping foster creative musical growth and teaching her students music they enjoy.
Emily has a wide range of training. She studied Oboe Performance at Ithaca College and LaGuardia High School For The Performing Arts in Manhattan. She also took at course in Celtic Voice and Irish Music Studies at The University Of Limerick in Ireland, and studied voice with Cristi Catt of The New England Conservatory of Music.
Emily has released two full length albums of her own original music. When she is not teaching, she is touring around the US and Ireland.
"I have seen Emily unlock the musical talents of young guitarists in an extraordinarily gifted way. She inspires and encourages and the results have been spectacular. Students who have never performed are performing. Students who have never written a song are writing them. Emily is clearly a gifted musician but more than that, she is a stunningly successful teacher." -Emanuel Pariser (Director of Instruction and Education Program Designer at Maine Academy of Natural Sciences at Good Will-Hinckley)
I have been performing under my name for nearly 10 years. I have released 2 full length albums and have a third due for release in 2017.
· Guitar · In home I've learned so much from Emily. She is a very caring and supportive teacher!
· Guitar · In studio Emily is an excellent instructor and an incredible talent. I had not played the guitar before and in a short time we were playing so many great songs. Emily also taught me how to join in on jam sessions with friends which has been awesome. In addition to learning songs, I have friends who worked on creating original songs during lessons with Emily. I highly recommend Emily as an instructor, she is awesome.