- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have my Bachelor's Degree from the George Mason University School of Music (2015) and my Associate's Degree in Music from Northern Virginia Community College. I have enjoyed teaching professionally for the past 5 years, and am excited to share my knowledge of composition, theory, history, classical and pop piano studies. It's my turn to share these skills with you!
It is my goal to enrich my students' lives with the wonderful and always exciting world of music. The goals of my studio are:
-To develop musicianship skills through exposure to many different genres of music from all over the world, while incorporating history, theory, practice skills, and solo repertoire.
-To encourage creativity and performance in a positive manner to show the value of time management, goal setting, and personal responsibility.
-Foster the technical skills needed through focused practice to meet each student's individual needs, so as to prepare him or her to be the best musician possible.
-To create an environment that both measures progress regularly and inspires students to do their best.
*** Lesson Details ***
Each lesson will build the following basic, practical piano skills: sight reading, analysis, technique, ear training, and theory. For beginning students, repertoire choices will be heavily guided by the teacher. For intermediate and advanced students, outside of important core material, much of the decision making is theirs!
60 minute lessons are recommended, as the student is neither rushed nor overwhelmed. It is ample time to get through all of the necessary materials plus a few moments of guided practice for the student to carry with them through the week.
Since its founding in 1898, the NFMC has grown into one of the world’s largest music organizations with club and individual members of all ages. The NFMC is chartered by the Congress of the United States, and is the only music organization member of the United Nations. NFMC provides opportunities for musical study, performance and appreciation to more than 200,000 senior, student and junior members in 6,500 music-related clubs and organizations nationwide. Members are professional and amateur musicians, vocalists, composers, dancers, performing artists, arts and music educators, music students, generous music patrons and benefactors, and music lovers of all ages.
Founded in 1959, the American Choral Directors Association (ACDA) is a nonprofit music-education organization whose expressed purposes outline the associations dedication to the advancement of choral music. The mission of ACDA is to inspire excellence in choral music through education, performance, composition, and advocacy.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
· Piano · In studio My daughter is stubborn and cannot concentrate on one thing for long time, but somehow Emily finds a way to keep her busy and concentrated for half an hour. I'm learning from Emily how to teach my daughter at home and keep her motivated. I'm sure we will continue the lessons in the fall.
· Piano · In home Emily does a great job communicating with my 6 year old daughter at a level she can understand. What I like most about Emily is that she doesn't get stuck on one thing. If she tries an exercise or technique that my daughter doesn't get, she moves onto something else until she finds what works for my daughter. Great teacher!
· Piano · In home Emily is an awesome piano teacher! She motivates yet does not intimidate. She helps lay a strong foundation in theory which will help the student as they grow and even play other instruments. She has been very accommodating with scheduling when a conflict occurs. The spring recital this year was a highlight for our family and a confidence booster for our child.
· Piano · In home Emily has been wonderful for my 6 year old daughter who tends to fidget, play truant, and all around a hard to teach kid. Somehow she's able to keep her on task and improving in both playing and reading notes. She made lessons fun and engaging while keeping things on track of the lesson plans. Definitely, Emily made a difference for my child and we are grateful to her for being such a good teacher.
· Piano · In home Emily relates very well with my 15 year old daughter (student). Emily is enthusiastic, patient, and displays a good sense of humor. You never feel that she is rushing the lesson. Instead she is committed to the teaching process. My daughter looks forward to her lessons. We consider Emily a keeper.