- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Make a list of “Things I Want to Work On” and we can put together a great lesson plan and schedule. Here are some skills and techniques to think about to get your list started. Ask me about anything else, if you don’t see it here:
Stitches and Techniques –
• Basic or advanced stitches
• Increases and decreases
• How to read charts
• Hyperbolic crochet
• Crochet in the round
• Tunisian crochet (Afghan stitch)
• Bead crochet to embellish projects or make jewelry
Math Made Easy -
• Reading the Yarn Ball Band for yarn weights and hook sizes
• Gauge and substituting yarn
• Tackle your niggly math questions
- Teaches students:
- and Ages 14+
- Teaching since:
Whether you want to begin knitting or crocheting, or already love to, there’s always something new to learn. I love all aspects of knitting and crochet - color, texture, and creation. And I love sharing all this with my students. I personally enjoy the math of it, and can help make it easy if math is not your “thing”.
Would you like to learn basic skills, hone current ones , or enhance your experience with new techniques? If you're in the middle of a project and need help, or have specifice technique(s) you'd like to work on, consider booking a 15 minute class, or a series of them.
Choose from these subjects, or tell me what you’d like to work on:
• Reading the Yarn Ball Band - Why the information on it is helpful and important
• How to use Ravelry - A knitting community full of useful information
• Fiber Math…Yes you can - How to understand gauge and yarn weights/quantities.
• How to Read and Translate Charts
• Help with a Current Project – Understanding a pattern, technique, or correcting a mistake
• Knitting Lace and Openwork Basics – How to do increases and decreases
• Bead Crochet – Crochet necklaces and bracelets, or embellish knitting or crochet projects with beads.
• Hyperbolic Crochet – For those that love math or want to learn how to crochet curves from a flat surface (think of coral, or the edge of a curly lettuce leaf like kale)
• Your wish list of knitting or crochet skills…
I have been teaching since 2012 and am available to teach lessons online and in NYC. I learned teaching skills from some of the most loved and respected teachers in well-known stores, teaching venues, and events. I look forward to working with you to achieve your goals, and have fun while we work together. As an added bonus, I teach both right and left handed as needed. Do you need a time, place, or topic not listed here? Just ask. We can probably work something out.
Enrich your fiber crafting experience. What would you like to learn? Contact me and let’s get started.
Gilda's Club is a wonderful support environment for individuals with cancer, cancer survivors, and their caregivers. I have taught knitting and crochet here to all levels of students.
The Creative Center is a wonderful learning environment for individuals with cancer, cancer survivors, or chronic illnesses. I have taught knitting and crochet here, as well as assisted instructors with other fiber related craft classes.
Ellen is the best knitter/crocheter I've ever met. She's saved several of my projects. She's very patient, doesn't make me feel stupid and she's very helpful. I'd recommend her without reservation.
Ellen is a great knitter and a great teacher. She has a lot of expertise and patience. She has been knitting for years and knows how to convey it to he students. I definitely recommend her!