- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Eli, and I am a teacher, a parent and also a learner. I have been a full time Math teacher in public schools for the past five years. I have taught and tutored hundreds of students over the years, and helped them to rethink, relearn and excel in their courses. I became a teacher because I love helping others, and I enjoy seeing students reach those “aha!” moments. I work with each student the way that I would want a teacher to work with my own two children: With respect, patience, and professionalism. I received my earliest education outside of the US, and I am fluent in four languages. Since I earned my teaching credential in the US, with training and certification on the Common Core, there will be no gaps in learning and knowledge when I work with students. I have taught everything from AP to IB, the Algebras to Geometry and Trigonometry, including grades 6-12, college-level and adults. I am able to adapt my teaching and tutoring to suit your skills and needs.
AP Calculus, Pre-Calculus, Mathematical Problem Solving
IB Math Studies, Pre-Calculus, Algebra, Geometry
This credential allows me to teach mathematics for grades twelve and below, including preschool, and in classes organized primarily for adults. ELA authorizes me to provide instructional services to English Learners as well.
· Math · In studio I had the pleasure of working with Eli as his coach, colleague and friend. Eli has a passion for teaching that is indescribable. He enjoys every second of working with students. Also, he is always willing to go above and beyond what is expected to ensure that students learn. Eli was an innovative member of our math team and experimented with the concept of a "Flipped Classroom." He utilized technology as a tool for increasing student learning. I appreciated Eli's willingness to explore how technology can enhance student engagement and knowledge. Furthermore, Eli has an amazing rapport with the students he serves. He amazed me every day with the manner in which he would interact with each student and how he would take an intense interest into every student's lives. I highly recommend Eli as a math tutor or staff member. Content expertise and a huge heart make Eli an effective educator that I would recommend to help any math student.
· Geometry · In studio My daughter, although an A+ student, was struggling with Honors Geometry. A friend of mine recommended Eli for tutoring. We are very pleased to get to know Eli as an outstanding tutor to teach our daughter; he teachs all levels of math from middle to high school and AP courses. Eli is a full-time math instructor at the public schools for 5 years and he has experience teaching IB courses and tutoring college students in various subjects such as Biology, Chemistry, and Physics. We are very thankful to have a knowledgable, experienced, respectful, kind and humble tutor like Eli for our daughter.
I personally highly recommend Eli for anyone who is looking for a top notch tutor for their kids either in middle school, high school or college.
· Pre Calculus · In studio I had the pleasure of calling Mr. Y my teacher for one year during my junior year of high school when he taught me Pre-Calculus. Mr. Y is a great teacher for several reasons. He is extremely knowledgable and is able to answer any questions with ease and clarity. He really encourages the students to ask questions and is always readily available to offer any help when needed. Mr. Y respected me as a student and I feel that because he was very passionate about math, it made going to class more enjoyable and interesting. I began to look forward to all of the new concepts we learned. Because Mr. Y has a vast knowledge for math, it helped me gain a deeper understanding of the concepts. He did not just teach surface-level; he really strived to help the students understand not only how a concept worked but why, which is the most important part!
· Math · In studio Mr.Y was my teacher for a class called Mathematical Problem Solving which covered Algebra 1 and 2 as well as Geometry. He was very knowledgeable in all of these subjects and knew the concepts so well that he could teach them in several different ways and with many different methods. It always felt like there was such a long list of how to approach one concept so we would have to choose what worked for us and Mr.Y had no problem helping us in ways that worked for us. His patience makes him so very valuable. The students felt safe asking any question no matter how "dumb" they thought it was because Mr.Y didn't see it that way. He just wanted to help us learn and he was successful. He does not cut corners and that was so helpful for someone like me who needs to see every step to understand how to reach an answer.
Even though we covered a lot in that class, his lessons actually stuck with me. I realized this when I could remember one of Mr.Y's methods of how to solve something even though months and months of new Pre-Calculus concepts were added to my brain.
Mr.Y taught so much more than math in our classroom that felt like a home. He taught us citizenship skills, how to appreciate each other and the things we have in life, different cultures, good work ethic, some English skills, some Arabic skills, and how to finish our work on time so we could karaoke in class.
I learned so much from Mr.Y and I am so thankful I had him as a teacher. I wish he could teach every math class I'll ever take, but that's just not how it works!
· Pre Calculus · Online Mr. Youhanna was an amazing teacher. He was my classroom instructor. He is very understanding and will do whatever he can to make sure his students understand the material. Mr. Youhanna thoroughly understands the material he is teaching.