Originally from St. Petersburg, Russia, I began my musical journey when I was five years old. I am still very passionate about the arts, and strive to learn more every day. I became a student of Marylene Dosse, a phenomenal pianist, teacher, and professor at Penn State, at the age of eight. Since then, I went to the Penn State Music camp twice, once winning a full scholarship, and later attended PSU for Piano Performance. I love working with people, and I think learning should be a combination of hard work, determination, but most importantly fun, and something you love to do. I have been maintaining a private music studio for the last six years and have worked with students of all ages, from young beginners to adults. I believe that playing an instrument is a great way to improve work ethic, get a great skill, exercise the brain, and if done correctly, experience a great deal of joy. It holds so many possibilities. Let's find passion, creativity, and explore our minds!
· Piano · Online Great first lesson!
· Piano · In studio I have had one other piano teacher. I was fresh out of college. Due to relocation, it ended after a few months, and I never pursued piano lessons afterward. Reason? It felt like work. Several years later, I decided to try again. That is when I found Katie through Take Lessons!!!
Katie is a fun, light-hearted, joyous piano teacher. My lessons are 100% pure fun! She challenges me while inspiring me at the same time. She has taught me to play basic and simple pieces with amazing drama and interest. Her expertise shines through in each lesson I take. I contribute my progress to her showing me how to practice. Measures that would take me days at home take me ten minutes with her! Katie is definitely a rare gem. I feel privileged to have such a talented teacher.
· · Ekaterina was among my best students and by far the most gifted of them. Her musicianship and her intelligence are only matched by her charm and her wit.
She would be a rare teacher in her area with a mixing of Russian musical heritage and European teaching.
In spite of her young age she already has had several years of teaching experience and her students have made very good progress.
I would highly recommend her to students of all ages. She will make the best choice of repertoire, build technical skills and develop the musicianship that is necessary for making a difference for a lifetime love of the musical arts.
I have full confidence in her skills. I have love and respect for her and I am sure you will too.
Marylene Dosse, Distinguished professor emerita
Penn State University marylenedosse.com
· Piano · In home She is the most musical student I ever had. She also have a brilliant mind and I would recommend her over many other teachers.She is still very young but she has had a lot of good experience with her students.
Web site Marylene Dosse
· Classical Piano · In home My older daughter has been taking lesson with Katee for the past 5 years. Both my daughter and I like Katee's approach to teaching. She is demanding but is gentle at the same time. Her choices/suggestion for piano pieces are great.
Lately my younger kids started to take lesson with her as well and they love it!