- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am currently certified in the O'Connor Method, American School of String Playing. I studied at the Cincinnati Conservatory of Music under Won-Bin Yim, who at the time was also a teacher and violin faculty member of the Julliard School of Music.
My focus with children is not only to have them enjoy their instrument, but to have them listen and understand the notes for which they are playing and reading. Although I teach my students to read notes, I also emphasize creativity and improvisation. I take a fun, non-aggressive, and gradual approach towards violin teaching. Parents are also very involved as part of the learning process.
My students primarily use the O'Connor Method books, but I also include traditional methods and some Suzuki material. I also ask my students to participate in String Orchestra as part of an enjoyable, group-experience learning process.
For more information about the O'Connor Method, please visit: http://www.oconnormethod.com/About-Us.html
*VIOLIN COACHING ALSO OFFERED*
One of the greatest challenges parents face is understanding the instrument their child is learning and being a part of their daily practice routine. Learning how to practice is also usually not covered during private lessons.
If your child already has a private teacher, but you are looking for a way to enhance their practice routine, I can also serve as a coach in between lessons. I would not interfere with what is taught by their primary teacher, but would ensure your child is practicing correctly and offer guidance and encouragement towards their weekly lessons.
As part of my full disclosure, I teach music part time only. I create websites and applications as my full time job.
On Sundays, I teach Thai classical instruments to kids at the Thai Cultural and Fine Arts Institute, where I am also a board member.
The American String Teachers Association, founded more than 60 years ago, is a membership organization for string and orchestra teachers and players, helping them to develop and refine their careers. ASTA's members range from budding student teachers to artist-status performers. The organization provides a vast array of services, including instrument insurance, an award-winning scholarly journal, discounts on publications and resources, annual professional development opportunities, and access to collegial network of colleagues throughout the string profession.
· Music Performance · In studio Each lesson was filled with new information, amazing advice, and fun. He was able to contour to whatever problem I had like translating Thai music into western music. The time spent was not like any other experience I've had with other teachers, there's a certain amount of fun he puts into it as well as strictness when the need comes. Overall, he's an amazing instructor to have.
· Music Performance · In studio I loved taking music lessons with Eddie. He made music fun and challenging. Not only is he skilled musically, but he is also a great role model and teacher. I learned a lot of technical music skills, and I also learned to love and appreciate classical music.
· Music Performance · In home Ed was my music teacher when I was 13-16, and back then I was rambunctious and kind of all over the place. Ed has the patience and knows how to inspire his students to work hard to get better. He really focuses all his attention on to his students and is very good at giving feedback that really helped improved my performance. He is also a very understanding teacher and truly is there to see his students excel.
· Music Performance · In studio I took lessons with Eddie twice a week for about six years in both a one on one and group lessons. Over the years he's shown that he really cares about his students; in the past, he let me borrow his instrument so that I could practice at home before I was able to buy my own. Eddie is one the most knowledgable music teachers I've ever had. He's also one of the most self-reflective people I know; he's constantly self evaluating, identifying his own strengths and weaknesses as well as the students to make both teaching and learning easier and more enjoyable.
I would definitely recommend Eddie as a music teacher to anyone,