- Teaches students:
- Ages 7+
- Teaching since:
- August 2001
I'm a vocal and instrumental instructor for over fourteen years who is passionate about helping students both express their thoughts and feelings through music and develop their skills in music as a door to open other opportunities in life. I earned a Bachelor of Science in Music from Abilene Christian University. I have had the benefit of sharing music in a wide variety of settings, including serving as the Director for the Montbello Drum Line during their trip to Japan in 2013, performing with the Colorado Symphony Chorus in "Too Hot To Handel", leading students and a full Coors Field crowd in the "7th Inning Stretch (Take Me Out To The Ballgame)" at a Rockies game, and writing and directing the school song for Roxborough Intermediate School. I also have substancial experience singing and acting in the Carlsbad Community Theater, including my portrayal of Peter in the musical Jesus Christ Superstar.+ Read More
• Taught general music classes for Elementary School students grades K – 6.
• Participated in 21st Century Grant After-School Clubs every semester.
• Led group activities for 6th grade students from Molholm Elementary and other schools participating in Outdoor Education/Lab.
• Coordinated with other Specials team members by participating in multiple school committees and groups.
• Taught mixed choir, concert band, concert orchestra, beginning guitar, beginning keyboard, and advanced band (Drum Line) classes for Middle and High School students.
• Taught beginning Drum Line classes for Denver Center for International Studies (DCIS) Middle School students.
• Leading/chaperoning Montbello Drum Line while they served as Denver Ambassadors to Tokyo & Takayama, Japan under Mayor Hancock’s invitation.
• Received commendation from the Consulate General of Japan.
• Coordinated all Drum Line activities (approx. 100 events/year) to enhance the experience of the students and encourage their professional musical development while serving the community.
• Wrote school song (“Learn Today”) for opening of Roxborough Intermediate School (3/08)
• Led Students in 7th Inning Stretch at Rockies Game (5/09)
• Served on Roxborough Leadership Committee (2008-2010)
• Assisted SPECIALS Team in problem-solving for student behavior through SWIS
• Utilized interventions to help Tier II and Tier III students in reading and math
• Led School Choirs and organized bi-annual school concerts
• Organized and directed school staff show (Roxborough Night Live) (2/08)
• Directed School Choir in feeder concert (12/09)
• Annually prepared music for DARE Graduation programs.
• Conductor for area-wide Honor Choir (2006-2007)
• Collaborated with High School Band (Low Brass Sections) during marching and concert seasons to enhance student proficiency and performance
I have held a Music Teacher License in Colorado since 2007. I am currently applying for my license to be renewed again by July 2017.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.+ Read More
Ed was wonderful as he not only pointed out mistakes I had made, but spent the time discussing with me WHY the correction was necessary. He was very quick to respond to all my inquiries and answer, with outstanding knowledge, all of my questions. I was exceptionally happy with his lessons and care of my learning.+ Read More
Ed is a great teacher and hard worker...he is focused always on communicating so that others understand and grow. He is constantly working to grow as an educator and is looking at new and fun ways to create learning opportunities.
Ed is an amazing musician. I have known him for over 25 years and he is an amazing and patient man when it comes to all facets of music.