My name is Doniell and I can't wait to meet you! I've been teaching private lessons since 2002 and have loved helping my students appreciate, understand, and be inspired by music. I went to Washington State University, and the University of Maryland, and earned a degree in Humanities in 2011. I am a member of MTNA, and teach lessons to students from my local area in my home and online to students around the world. I'm a helpful and compassionate person and my teaching style is informative, determined by the student's needs and goals, and a combination of traditional and contemporary. I have played piano over 30 years, and compose my own music during spare time. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
Owner and operator of private studio for students in the Spokane metropolitan area. I teach piano and music theory.
I am also available for online lessons via Skype to any English speaking persons worldwide. Please sign up through the Take Lessons website.
Owner and operator of private studio for American dependents living abroad in Germany serving the U.S. Goverment or Armed Forces.
Freelance tutoring and lesson teaching.
Back-up pianist, synthesizer, and choir member.
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
Founded on the campus of Oklahoma State University on November 27, 1919, Kappa Kappa Psi is a guiding light with which band students can grow, learn, and develop themselves and their band programs. Kappa Kappa Psi is an organization of opportunity and quality, brimming with historic, well-developed leadership and membership programming that students use to become great leaders, better band members and better adapted young adults prepared for what lies ahead of them.
· Piano · In studio Our daughter is taking lessons with Doniell and after every lesson is thrilled to share her experiences. Doniell has been exceedingly accomodating of our schedule, making it absolutely pleasant to work with her. We are a homeschool family and she offered time outside of evening hours. We had several illnesses and issues with travel during the snow this past winter and she has always been understanding and patient with rescheduling. Our daughter is very enthusiastic about piano and many things in life, we are thankful we have Doniell to guide her as she continues to develop a passion for music.
· Piano · In studio We have been so pleased with Doniell's teaching style. Her studio is clean and comfortable, and she has been very flexible with our schedules. I wholeheartedly recommend her to friends.
· Piano · In studio Our daughters have been taking Piano lessons with Doniell for 3 years.
They respond well to her teaching style and she challenges them in all the right ways. She offers a great mix of theory with the piano lessons.
We have enjoyed the annual Piano Recitals that Doniell's students participate in.
As a parent I have always found Doniell to be extremely responsive to our schedule for which i am always appreciative
I am looking forward to seeing their progress in the coming year
· Piano · In home My 17 year old daughter has taken lessons from Donielle for over 2 years and has enjoyed every lesson. Donielle is well educated,polite and experienced with all ages of students. I would highly recommend her.
· Piano · In studio My daughter has some learning and attention problems and Doniell is very patient with her and my daughter looks forward to attending lessons. Doniell is flexible with our schedules and easy to communicate with.
· Piano · In studio My daughter has been taking lessons from Doniell and Cushman Music for close to two years. Her lessons are tailored to my daughter's age and abilities, and she manages to strike a perfect balance between pushing her to succeed without frustrating and overwhelming her.
At 8 years old, my daughter is already understanding theory concepts that I didn't understand until I was much older. I would highly recommend Doniell for students of all ages and abilities.