- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I provide a complete learning experience beyond your traditional guitar lesson format! I began by teaching you the skills needed to play and perform your music confidently. The main curriculum is my own Electric Crown Guitar Method which is the result of many years of testing what works best for students in a one on one learning situation.
Learning skills is useless if you don't actually apply them in a real musical way. I use a large variety of popular rock songs ranging from Led Zeppelin to The Beatles to Metallica and so on. I use real band backing tracks which you will be able to take home to practice along with. I will then record YOU playing the guitar parts with the band!
I strive to give you much more than guitar lessons. I offer you a complete guitar experience! Come join the experience!
*** Specialties ***
I specialize in Classic Rock, Modern Rock, Metal and Acoustic rock styles. I also specialize in Music Theory and songwriting for the guitar.
We provide a place for students to learn, record and perform the music they love! We have been around for over 10 yrs and continue to look for ways to improve both our business and improve our students experience here everyday!
Don has been both a musician and student of the guitar for almost 4 decades!
Don has gone through extensive guitar teacher training through the G4 guitar teacher training program. He also has continued support through the franchise owner/mentor David Hart along with continued collaboration with other guitar teachers within the worldwide G4 guitar teacher network.
I received a certificate of completion in music recording.
· Guitar · In studio I asked questions, Don answered them. Very personable, to me, seems to know a great deal about teaching guitar. Looking forward to my next lesson.
· Guitar · In studio Learning to play guitar can be a daunting task. Don breaks it down into easy to understand lessons. After each lesson he sends me home with practice homework so I constantly feel like I'm making progress.
The most important thing for me when i wanted to take lesson was that the teacher new his stuff, Don definitely does. I'm not just learning to play guitar, i'm also learning more about music.
· Guitar · In home When looking for a guitar teacher for my daughter, I was so pleased to find Don. He knew exactly where to begin with her and started her playing music right away. His creative techniques keep her engaged and excitedly looking for what's coming next. He is professional, yet warm at the same time, putting both her and I at ease. It is amazing to see the transformation in my daughter's guitar abilities as well as the transformation in her confidence. Don's expertise and patience is perfectly blended.
· Guitar · In studio Don has taught my son for over four years. He couldn't even read yet and Don was still able to get through to him. Great blend of modern rock and classics. Don blends the ability to teach skills, theory, and essential building blocks while also working in stuff that the students want to play.
Also, from a technology standpoint, Don uses a great site with file uploads, customize backing tracks and the ability to schedule. I would recommend to anyone interested in learning guitar from someone who cares about his students.
· Guitar · In studio Just starting out with Don and already he's opening doorways to chord structure and scale exercises that are amazing. I'm a poor (poor, poor) impatient student. But I'm very comfortable with the lesson outlines that Don has created for me. Don is a very patient and analytical instructor, I can see him watching my moves even while were talking (and I'm chunking away)...He's listening intently and is right there to help when I start going in the wrong direction. I look forward to a great road of learning as I am eagerly looking forward to practicing his lessons just as much as I look forward to our next session.
· Guitar · In studio I tried training myself using YouTube videos, I learned a little but knew something wasn't right and I wasn't getting anywhere.
Then I started with an instructor that taught too much theory for my taste. I realize it's important but my playing techniques were not improving.
I started training with Don and I feel like I am progressing for the first time in a long time. Don's program seems to combine the right mix of exercises, techniques, theory, and learning to play songs.
He also has many back track files and computer programs to assist you in the learning process, that I really enjoy utilizing.
I look forward to my lesson each week and learn something new every time.
I highly recommend Don if you're new to guitar or looking to improve your current level of playing.
· Guitar · In studio Don teaches my Son for about a month now. He's very patient with him and goes over the homework several times, so that I can also understand what is asked for. I can email him any time and he will get back to me very quickly. He is very flexible with our schedule and also very professional. My Son is looking forward to his lessons every week. Don is always looking for ways to keep things interesting and also has little prizes for completing homework.
I recommend Don to everyone. He's very easy going and friendly.
Great Teacher for Kids and Adults alike.