- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have been playing the flute since fifth grade, a long time! I have taught flute privately for about twenty years.
My second degree is an AA in Music from Grossmont College, near San Diego, CA. As a flutist I have been a member of both the La Jolla Civic Orchestra and the Grossmont Symphony Orchestra.
Since 1989 I have been the principal flute and a soloist with the San Diego Concert Band. In that group I regularly lead flute sectional rehearsals.
Since 2007, I have been a flute coach every summer at San Diego's Band at the Beach music camp for junior high and high school students.
I have taught students from ages 5 to 80 and have good rapport with every age.
*** Lesson Details ***
I'm a casual, easy-going, caring person, and I enjoy establishing a unique working relationship with each student.
In teaching I employ a personal, individual, flexible approach, to give my students each what benefits him/her the most. I emphasize proper technique, beauty of tone, musical interpretation, and enjoyment. Music theory is intertwined with the instruction. And we play lots of duets!
I also play the piano, thus sometimes accompany my flute students.
*** Studio Equipment ***
living room with console piano w/ seating for parents
*** Specialties ***
Classical, popular, light jazz, folk, Celtic
· Flute · In studio I have been taking flute lessons from Ms. Wilson for close to 4 months now and its been a great experience so far. I had very little idea of music and had no such formal training but wanted to learn flute. She is supportive from day 1 and started to teach me the basics of music and flute. She is very calm, listens to my problems when I don't get some things easily and tries to suggest solutions. She has been very flexible in class timings and adjusts her schedule to accommodate me when I can't make it to the class on some days. I wish I get to learn a lot from her and become a good flutist.
· Piano · In home She's very patient and friendly. Looking forward to my next class.
· Flute · In home I just love having Ms. Wilson as my daughter's teacher. She is supportive and kind and gives my daughter her full and patient attention during the lesson. She is so encouraging and my daughter has made tremendous progress during her time with Diane. Best of all, now my daughter really enjoys playing her flute. If your child is playing as part of a larger ensemble through school or another program, I highly recommend supplementing that experience with some one-on-one lessons with a private instructor such as Diane. Five stars!
· Flute · In studio Diane is a wonderful teacher and works so well with young children. Thank you for the quality lessons!
· Flute · In studio Super knowledgeable and professional AND interesting AND nice :-) I couldn't have found a more perfect flute teacher than Diane!
· Flute · In studio My daughter has been taking lessons from Diane for several months now. We have seen significant improvement in her skills and she loves the lessons.
· Flute · In studio Diane makes learning music fun and enjoyable in a warm and friendly environment. So I look forward to my weekly lessons where we usually start with the the flute and wrap up the hour on the piano.
When I'm struggling with a new concept or a difficult technique Diane has the flexibility and patience to help me improve. In our first year, Diane showed a lot of patience! Diane motivates with praise and boosts my confidence while continuing to challenge me.
Diane is excited about music and teaching -- it's a way of life, and the enthusiasm is contagious. When your teacher is excited about your lessons, you will be too.
· Flute · In studio Diane has been my daughter's flute tutor for 4 months. Although my daughter has been playing in a school band for several years, she is learning lots of new tricks and tips with Diane's help. Diane is a very patient teacher and is very positive with her praise of my daughter's progress!
· Flute · Wonderful teacher, highlyl recommended
Diane was great! I have played other musical instruments in the past, but never the flute. I told her I wanted to learn to play the flute in just 3 lessons. She didn't laugh and tell me that was impossible, but instead worked with me to achieve my goal! She was patient, thoughtful, great at pointing out little things that instantly improved my playing. She even went above and beyond by emailing me a link to a video tutorial. I would highly recommend her to anyone who wants to learn to play the flute.