- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Devin A. has been teaching private lessons since 2002 and is currently available to teach lessons in NYC, at your home, at his home studio or online on Skype. Devin has worked with students of all ages and levels of playing ability from beginners to professionals.
He holds a Masters Degree in Music from McGill University and a Bachelors from The Peabody Conservatory of The Johns Hopkins University, where he was a recipient of the Charlie Byrd Memorial Scholarship. He has extensive teaching experience in private lessons as well as group classes in guitar, music production and music ensembles. As an expert in his field, Devin looks forward to helping new students achieve their goals.
Instructor for Instrumental Ensemble, Applied Guitar & Beginning Guitar Class. Music Director for STUEYS student award show, Conductor for the Musical "Once on This Island".
Taught and Developed Curriculum for Applied Guitar Lessons and Jazz Guitar Ensemble I & II. Produced concerts for the Jazz Guitar Ensemble. Served as a panelist at the Jazz Area Forums.
Taught and developed curriculum for Applied and Pre-Applied Jazz Guitar Lessons. Advised students, and helped them prepare for auditions into music programs at 4-year Colleges and Universities.
Designed and implemented group guitar curriculum for students ages 8-12 and 13-18.
· Blues Guitar · In studio The lesson went very well. Devin was patient and answered all of my questions of which I had many. He was very thorough in teaching me hand placement and strumming technique. I was very happy with the lesson and feel I quickly gained confidence.
· Guitar · Online Devin is an experienced Guitarist and teacher as well.
He makes me feel like i'm his only student. He teaches me on pace. I never had a guitar or played as a child. And he is just very patient. Even if you are not a fast learner, he will get you on the right track in just a few lessons.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Devin is great! He is incredibly knowledgeable and patient. As someone learning an instrument the first time, I've found my lessons with him to be a tremendous help in learning both the fundamentals and critical areas of music theory.
· Guitar · In studio This was my 1st lesson. Devin was patient with me and took the time to teach and go over everything at my pace. With Devin's lessons and practice I'm eager to learn and look forward to the next appointment.
· Acoustic Guitar · Online I am having lessons with Devin almost every week for a while now. We have lessons at his studio and online. Both locations are great.
For me, there are pros to having both location options available depending on my schedule that morning.
His way of teaching is great. I'm an adult and never played a guitar before. And I feel he has an enormous amount of patients. But he is not afraid to introduce something new. If I tell him I'm not clear with something we learned last time he will repeat it. And go it over with me. Technically he really had me playing songs very soon in the lessons. But I'm not necessarily the fastest learner so the most important thing is my responsibility.
Practice Practice Practice.
I recommend Devin to any one that wants to start learning guitar. Or needs to improve.
As I mentioned before, I'm an adult. But I could only imagine he'd do great with children.
Oh, I just reminded my self one more nice thing about Devin the teacher. When I'm with him, or online with him. For some reason he makes me feel like the lessons he provides are created for me. Not just random lessons. he goes according to my pace.
· Guitar · In home Devin is without question the best guitar teacher I have ever had. Aside from being an excellent player, Devin is a fantastic communicator, and he has a way of explaining even the most complex concepts in a way I can grasp. Whenever he leaves my apartment, I'm always sad the lesson is ending, and excited to dig into the assignments he leaves for me.
· Guitar · Online I only had a one lesson so far and I feel like I know something about quitar already. We dived right into it. So I have enough to practice until my next lesson. We actually do it through Skype and it worked out great.
· Bass Guitar · In studio Five stars, he was great!
· Bass Guitar · In studio So far I'm learning quite a bit from Devin!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Passionate in music, passionate in teaching. What more can you ask for? Fantastic instructor.