I have a Ryan Multiple Subject teaching credential with English language learner authorization from the state of California and taught in the public education system there for 5 years. I am also certified in Texas with a Generalist (EC-6) and and English Learner supplemental certification. I have been teaching in Houston for the past year and a half. I have a Master's of Arts degree in Teaching from the University of Southern California along with certification from the University of California, San Diego in teaching gifted students. I am passionate about education and providing students with the information they need to be successful in life!
I taught reading, writing, grammar, spelling, social studies, and English to English language learners in 5th grade. These students were taught in Spanish the previous year and expected to pass STAAR in English at a 5th grade level this year. 80% of my students passed the 5th grade STAAR test in English last year. I am successful because I build a rapport with my students and search for ways to motivate the individual student.
I taught all subjects to grades 4th thru 6th. Even though 4-6 were the grade levels I feel confident to teach all levels in elementary education. I used assessments to drive my instructional planning. Even though this was the basis for my curriculum choices I make accommodations and adaptations for students based on their needs. I provided instruction that addressed the needs of all learning styles, kinesthetic (hands on), visual, and auditory (listening). I provided test strategies to help students be successful on standardized tests.
This credential and authorization enables me to teach English from elementary to adult learners of English.
Since 1956, IRA has been a nonprofit, global network of individuals and institutions committed to worldwide literacy. More than 56,000 members strong, the Association supports literacy professionals through a wide range of resources, advocacy efforts, volunteerism, and professional development activities.
The National Education Association (NEA), the nation's largest professional employee organization, is committed to advancing the cause of public education. NEA's 3 million members work at every level of education—from pre-school to university graduate programs. NEA has affiliate organizations in every state and in more than 14,000 communities across the United States.
· · In home Tutor came and seemed interested in helping, actually did research which indicated so. Then I had to cancel a lesson due to child having strep but advise will resume following week. Then received a call from Take Lesson stating she says 'not a good fit.' which is perfectly fine but she could have indicated that in an adult manner verses me getting a call Tuesday a day prior to lesson.
Disappointed but found more reliable and dedicated concerned turtor.
· Common Core English · Online
· Common Core English · Online Awesome first lesson!
· · You are amazing, awesome, incredible, fantastic, spectacular, and so much more Desearee ;D I am so glad I got to be your student for two years. I would have loved to have you be my teacher for the rest of my life, but sadly I can't. I'll definitely recommend you as a teacher. You are the best and I love and miss you. God Bless you and I know God will bless you and your family with something great.
· Basic Math · In studio This was an amazing lesson!
· Elementary Math · In home Excellent teacher! Ms. Rodriguez has always come prepared with lessons and provides me with an overview of her observations of my son's struggles. She listens as well as make suggestions regarding the next steps to obchieve my son's goals. She also provided resources for us both online and off to use in making sure my son understood the topics being covered. She went out of her way to check on his progress outside of tutoring hours. My son and I both apprecate her knowledge and the service she provided.