- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I have a very bright and fun personality and love making lessons something to look forward to! I have played piano since I was 6 and play the flute and guitar as well. I have taught students privately and in with a group called piano and guitar institute. Through my experience I have learned to structure my lessons making them efficient and effective. During lessons I like to incorporate various resources other than just staring at music in order to make lessons more interesting and beneficial to the students. My teaching philosophy is to allow students to succeed by discovering the joys of music as opposed to viewing music as more "work".
Working for this institute gave me a lot of experience with handling 15 to 20 students on my schedule at a time. It also helped me impose more structure within my private lessons. I taught students anywhere from 4 to 60 years old. I managed to always make lessons fun and engaging. This company also held an incredible and massive recital during summer. For this recital I had to have each student in it memorize a piece and perform it (even the 4 year olds). It was a great challenge and gave me a lot of confidence in my teaching abilities moving forward.
Gave in-home piano lessons in Fort Collins for a few years. They were all hour long lessons and they were generally split into classical training and music theory. I would use a lot of different techniques to teach various concepts.
The Colorado State Music Teachers Association exists to encourage and advance the standards of teaching and performance, to enhance the professional status of its members, to provide a collegial and fraternal relationship among its members, and to foster the advancement of music education in Colorado through relationships with schools and community organizations
· Flute · In studio Dayton has a great personality! We expect a lot!
· Piano · In home I took lessons from Dayton for a little over a year and he was a phenomenal teacher. He's a really chill guy and always kept the lessons fun. Not only did he help me learn songs and go through music books, but he taught me all about chord structures and other music theory so that I would have a good knowledge of music. I always had a say in what I learned each lesson, along with what type of music I wanted to play. I was always so amazed when he would show me the incredible songs he knew how to play, and his knowledge of music is greater than most anyone you will ever meet. I highly recommend Dayton to anyone who is thinking of taking piano lesson- not only will you grow as a musician, but you'll have fun doing it!
· Flute · In studio Dayton is a very caring teacher! Highly recommended!