- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
If you're already an experience player, you can expect me "workshopping" your technique. We will analyze your form, practice patterns, and playing style, to ensure that you are growing and improving from the moment we begin. I will push you to become the most expressive player that you can become, but at a pace that feels comfortable for you.
What young students can expect:
- Preparing for entry into school orchestra
- Polishing up school orchestra repertoire
- Learning new material and scales
- Perfecting their technique
- Preparing for NYSSMA
- Preparing college audition tapes (I do have the ability to record these as well)
- Learning to play with confidence
- Learning vibrato
What adult students can expect:
- Learn how to read music
- Learn proper playing technique
- Meet personal goals
- Learn new material and scales
- Learning and/or perfecting proper technique
- Learning material commensurate with experience
- Working together to reach individual goals
- Learning how to improvise
- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
My classical training began at age 10, when I started to play the viola. From there, I was able to translate my musical skills to violin, guitar, piano, voice, composition, and songwriting.
Originally a biology major at SUNY Purchase College, I quickly became restless knowing that I was unable to focus on music enough. So, I switched it up, followed my passion, and began studying music theory and production. Since then, my life has been focused on teaching, performing, writing, and recording music- and I wouldn't have it any other way!
It's been quite a journey, and I can't wait to share all that I've learned along the way with you.
Whether you are just starting out, or are looking to further the knowledge you already have, I will meet you at where you are, and help you to achieve your personal goals.
Together we can work on technique, theory, improvisation, ear-training, songwriting, and more!
Great teacher of the violin! Always patient and supportive. Not going to make you feel bad if you mess up, but still encourages to push yourself further.
I am a beginner and I was very nervous about taking guitar lessons at first. However, Miss Dayna made it so easy for me to learn by using relatable words to explain the techniques and concepts involved with playing guitar. Great teacher!