- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is David and I'm a professional musician who just moved to North Austin. I came from Cincinnati, where I went to the University of Cincinnati College Conservatory of Music, taught dozens of students at all levels and played regular gigs every weekend. I have been teaching for over fifteen years, and I'm looking to get a few new students.
I teach guitar, piano, bass guitar and even upright bass. If it's a tutor you are looking for I can also teach music theory and appreciation. I have a knack for teaching young people, probably because I was young when I started my musical journey. I've been very successful at inspiring a student's love of music and instilling the patience required to take on the challenge of playing an instrument.
The first thing I like to do is get to know you, the music you enjoy and your goals. In a way, I like to begin by letting the student lead.
In addition to learning from you, I intend to present you with new information, to try and broaden your musical tastes and teach you how to be an active listener.
Played jazz standards in the lounge of the Cincinnatian Hotel three nights per week.
· Piano · In studio he's very patient without being condescending or patronizing. works very well with my 13 yo son.
· Ukulele · Online Wonderful first lesson. Well thought out with actionable steps for me to work on this next week.
· Ukulele · In studio David was fantastic with my son... extremely patient, better than anyone we've worked with in the past as far as keeping my son engaged and interested in the subject. He has a great feel for feeding out just enough information without overwhelming the little ones.
· Ukulele · In studio David is an excellent teacher, unfortunately my schedule doesn't allow me to continue taking lessons. I would highly recommend David to anyone looking for music lessons.
· Bass Guitar · In studio David is very together and great for an adult student.
· Classical Guitar · In studio Excellent first lesson. Before the first lesson, David listened to the areas I wanted to improve and then at this first lesson he proceeded to address those areas. I have had several years of lessons before with two other teachers. David will definitely help me improve quickly by building on my current skills. Great start!
· Ukulele · In home David is so patient and encouraging. He is really helping my 9 y.o. daughter to learn to play ukulele.
· Guitar · Online
· Ukulele · In home FIRST LESSON was a great experience. Although my 12-year old son was hesitant about Ukulele lessons, he immediately felt relaxed with David. Of notable qualities...David was professional, very patient, redirected my son when he got off track, boosted his self-esteem with words of encouragement, and took the time to answer any questions my son had after the lesson was over. My son left excited and looks forward to his next lesson.
· Piano · In home My daughter started lesson with David about a moth ago and she makes a lot of progress already :-) David is a very good teacher, he is patience and makes learning fun and interesting. He gives her an assignment then he will follow up in the next lesson. Seems that David makes my daughter to like and enjoy piano more than before. I strongly recommend David if you are looking for a good, fun, and reliable teacher!