- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Greetings, future students. I've been teaching piano for 30 years. I'm a professional pianist working mostly in Manhattan's major hotels. I play all styles of music and so I can teach all styles. Classical (I was accepted to the Juilliard Preparatory School at age 12), pop, jazz, blues, Broadway etc. I believe that learning to play the piano should be an enjoyable experience. Just as Sesame Street came up with the concept that learning can be fun, I do the same. Children as well as adults truly like me. This is extremely important. Thank you for reading my profile.
· Piano · In studio "My teacher David is nice and the lessons are easy to understand." Nax K.
· Piano · In studio I love learning from David! I was taught piano in the past, but David really helps me build on my prior knowledge and elaborate on songs that I only could have dreamed of playing. He's an excellent teacher!
· Piano · In studio My nephew absolutely love the teacher and the class!
· Piano · In studio My 6 years old daughter started taking piano lessons with David about a half a year ago. With every lesson her interest is growing. She eagerly waits for lessons and happily makes all homework assignments.
David is highly respectful to his students regardless of their age and not only teaches them how to play music, but also tries to pass them his love to it.
We are extremely happy to have David as our music teacher.
· Piano · In home David is awesome. He has a great attitude and is very patient in teaching his students both children and adults. He has an ability to make one feel comfortable in their ability and always challenges his students to become better. He is a great piano performer! One can't help but stop and listen when David plays. My daughter (9 years old at the time) enjoyed David's lessons very much. By attending David's lessons with my daughter, my husband got inspired to start playing again. He studied piano when he was a kid back in Russia, but was totally turned off by a standard method of teaching (just reading the notes without really understanding the music structure). David, on the other hand, has a unique approach of teaching music. He makes you understand what it is that you are learning and view the music piece as patterns that you will be able to recognize in all of the future pieces that you might study. David also teaches his students music from different genres (from classical to jazz to popular) so one never gets bored and starts to deeply understand the structure of every piece. I highly recommend David. All I can tell you is: "Don't miss out!" It might open whole new music horizons for yourself or your children.
· Piano · In home After David became my children’s piano teacher, they began to look forward to their piano lessons – something that had not occurred with their prior piano teachers. David plays magically and even more important for me than his being a wonderful musician and a fantastic piano teacher is the inspiration that he serves for my kids. It’s clear he loves to teach the standard 12-bar blues in rare styles such as boogie woogie. My older son was so inspired he ended up going to a high school with a music specialty and plans to major in music. We are very grateful to David for igniting what we hope will be a life-long passion for music in our children.
· Piano · In studio I switched to David for my piano lessons after another teacher. I was bored with lessons and it was difficult for me to continue. I didn't feel any interest to continue because all lessons were mechanical repetitions and just practice. Starting with David was like starting everything anew. What a difference. He is wonderful teacher, kind and caring. His love and interest for music is contagious. Lessons became fun and was looking forward to practice with him. I strongly recommend him as a teacher. If you are bored with yours and loosing passion for music - do yourself a favor and switch to David.
· Piano · Growing up I had to play the piano, but I didn't like it. David truly allowed me to fall in love with the instrument and its music! His passion for piano taught me to love and enjoy the music my fingers create! I have never met a more kind-hearted, passionate, talented, and loving piano teacher! He personalizes the classes and allows the student to choose what they would like to learn.
· Piano · In studio When I was young I always sang, even was soloist in the choir and band, but always dreaming to play piano. Two years ago my granddaughter Arielle and I stared taking piano lesson with David. Only POSITIVE thoughts and feeling I have. He is very professional not only as a musician but as a teacher and composer. I am 61 and Arielle is 10 and David teaches us with fully respect. He is very kind, patient and TRULY PROFESSIONAL ARTIST. We always have fan there and I highly recommend David to any one.
My dream come true. Thank you David!!!
· Piano · In studio My both kids are fortunate to have David as their piano teacher! His lessons are fun, engaging and productive! David takes in my daughters' interests in music and builds lessons around the songs they really enjoy playing. As a parent, I appreciate his flexibility, professionalism and a good scene of humor. He is an intuitive and an inspiring teacher who finds best ways to encourage my young pianists to do the work and enjoy learning.