I'm an active and incredibly experienced musician who loves to teach one-on-one. When we work together, we'll come up with a syllabus customized for your particular learning needs. You'll learn music through analysis, ear-training, technique, repertoire, improvisation, and much more.
If you want a thorough background in playing guitar, bass, drums, voice, or piano, I am a skilled multi-instrumentalist with many years of experience performing and recording. If you want to learn music theory and songwriting, I'll give you a practical background given my academic studies in these fields. Finally, if you want to be able to record your performances and produce original music, I'm a well-trained audio engineer.
What I've helped my students with:
• Increasing their abilities as an instrumentalist in solo performances, group performances, and recording situations.
• Learning all styles of guitar, bass, drums, composition, and music theory.
• Becoming fluent in the use of music recording software and online communication tools.
You'll always have a friendly and dedicated guide to help you with whatever you're working on. Please get in touch with me and we can get started on your goals right away! Thanks!
Online lessons in guitar, recording, and more. Release your album and become a studio mastermind!
Taught drums, bass, guitar, music theory in private and group lesson settings at a well-known music store in Baltimore, MD.
Introductory guitar lessons in jazz improvisation.
· Guitar · In studio I just wanted to take a minute and thank you so much for all you have taught Theresa. She has come so far in the last year. She has always been shy and very quiet but I have to tell you that we have noticed her really coming out of her shell. I owe this all to you! She feels confident enough in her playing her guitar that she has played for her class in school and now her very first recital will be this evening. I never really thought she would be comfortable playing for anyone. You are an amazing person with many talents. We are all looking forward to the show tonight!
· Guitar · Online Dave Cohen is a creative genius, an inspirational, caring and innovative music teacher. He is clear and concise, knowledgeable and resourceful, and most of all, very patient and very kind. Dave is an exceptional human being. We were wonderfully impressed with his ability to reach students and truly inspire them!!! it has been a pleasure having you as our guitar music teacher! You are an extremely superb, genuine, kind and compassionate person. We wanted you to know how appreciate if we have been to have you as our teacher! Thank you so very much for your kind understanding and supportive guidance through our guitar lessons.
· Composition · In studio My lessons with Dave were an integral part of my growth and creative development as a musician and a composer. I had just started taking composition lessons and after assessing my talent and style my first teacher almost right away transferred me over to be taught by Dave. These lessons not only intensely modified my compositions specifically, but it generally taught me how to explore my own thought process to bring forth my true intentions in all of my music. No idea was ever too small or too large. My lessons with Dave helped me to understand my own musicality and brought me success in effectively communicating my music with others. Above all, Dave is amiable, dedicated, informative and caring. When understanding that these qualities are paired with his musicianship and instruction, you’d be hard pressed to find an equal.
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Dave has an immense wealth of knowledge about guitar but he can teach to your level in a very understandable, clear, and motivating way. He makes a real effort to teach the skills you need for the music that you are interested in and he adapts songs that you want to play to your skill level. That definitely motivates me to practice more!
He has an great sense of humor which makes lessons go fast and he's very accommodating and easy to schedule with, including offering makeup lessons when something comes up during our regular lesson time.
He's just a great guy to work with overall and would recommend him to any one interested in learning guitar. I have already recommended him to several of my friends.