Hi, there! My name is David B. and I look forward to meeting you! I've been teaching private lessons since 1994 and have loved helping my students learn music in a way that not only increases their skill and knowledge, but also builds self esteem, allows for creative expression of themselves and creates lifelong music lovers. I went to St. Vincent College and earned a degree in music education, with a voice concentration and studies in piano and organ, in 1998. I'm a positive, helpful person and my teaching style is demanding yet patient. I strive to push students to be their very best, yet am patient while working to overcome the stumbling blocks we all encounter when learning. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.
The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to enrich lives through organ and choral music.
· Singing · In home Made Lauryn feel more comfortable and relax. He finds out where to start from on the first visit. We are very impressed with David's teaching skills!!!
· Singing · In studio Even though it was the first lesson my daughter enjoyed a lot cannot wait till next visit
· Singing · In home David really worked with my son on his audition song as he is preparing for high school musical audition. Great instruction and constructive feedback. Obvious improvement after one 45 min lesson. David also gave helpful advice regarding auditions and what a director may be looking for.
· Singing · In studio What a wonderful and kind man. My son just had his first lesson with David and in 30 minutes is more confident and excited about preparing for his musical audition. I watched and saw improvement right away. Definitely recommend. Can't wait to hear my son sing after more time with David.
· Singing · In studio David took the time to talk to Angelina and got to know her. I thought he got a lot accomplished at the first lesson and we look forward to another one.
· Singing · In studio Made me feel good and less nervous.