- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hello! My name is Dave..Let me help spark your curiosity, your creativity and your inspiration with drumming!
All you'll need to start is a pair of sticks!
Maybe you'd like to get help learning a song, Maybe you'd like someone to work with you through a particular drum book, or maybe you're looking for a complete course in drumming, to help you achieve your drumming goals. Allow me to help!
You'll learn to play drum grooves and rudiments.
You'll learn to read drum music and learn some music theory.
I'll show you how to figure out and play along with your favorite songs too!
I'll even help you find a band if you want to!
I've been teaching for years and years, and in San Diego since 2006. I teach ALL levels of musicianship from beginner to working drummers.
I've taught at School of Rock, Hope Elementary school, California Music Studios, TakeLessons and privately since 2006 in San Diego and decades of teaching in New York City, Virginia, New Mexico, and Los Angeles.
My current band I play with is Mr. Growly. Google us!
When not drumming with bands, I attend open mic's regularly and sit-in with as many great musicians as I can...I love drumming!
I travel to folks homes to teach students of all ages the wonders of drumming and performing~
Teach the 5th grade students snare drum parts and drumming, in their classroom and prepare them for seasonal performances.
Teaching drummers aged 8-18 all kinds of great tunes and preparing them for large performances every 12 weeks.
Teaching drums in folks homes.
Instructional techniques include allowing the student to: (a) Develop independent four-way coordination; (b) Master sight reading ability and note recognition (c) Left hand (or "weak" hand) ability to play ride patterns (d) Control time keeping through metronome and singing (by singing the quarter note, one always play in time) (e) gaining the ability to play and sing drum melodies written with enhanced creativity and musicianship. If one plays what he/she sings, all playing situations became easier and more professional.
I earned my Black Belt!
It took 7 years of dedication and hard work, but I did it! :)
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
An American labor union representing over 160,000 film and television principal and background performers, journalists, and radio personalities worldwide.
· Drum · Online Dave is the perfect match for my son. He is so encouraging and upbeat. This past week my son was discouraged about drumming and Dave went above and beyond to encourage him by sending him a motivational video. This meant a lot to my son and helped to challenge his mindset. We are so happy to have found Dave on Take Lessons!
· Drum · Online
· Drum · Online It was actually really good I learned a lot from Dave
· Drum · In home I did my research, read reviews, and decided on Dave for my 14 year old's drum lessons. We have not been disappointed! My son just completed his first set of lessons with Dave and I have already signed up for another set of lessons with him. His personality and enthusiasm for the love of music is awesome. He makes it so much fun to drum! This is your guy for drum lessons!
· Drum · Online I am so impressed with the level of interaction Dave has had both with my son and with me. We're only a few lessons in and already seeing massive skill level improvement! Dave is a very patient teacher (my son calls him 'cool!') and we're looking forward to working with him for years to come.
· Drum · Online Dave is very patient when dealing with new students. He has a good sense of humor, which is very relaxing to the tense, first time student.
He thoroughly and easily explains every step and most of all patiently when asked the same question twice.
Dave makes these lessons fun!
· Drum · Online I was somewhat skeptical about online lessons and the quality but have been pleasantly surprised. Dave is very professional and patient with my son but keeps the lesson organized and productive.
· Drum · In home I had a wonderful first lesson with Dave. I can feel his passion and his soul when it comes to music and life. I know we will have a strong connection moving forward and that is an absolute essential ingredient in a teacher student relationship. Thanks Dave!
· Drum · In home Dave is GREAT, he is full of energy yet patient and has a way to teach kids in a fun manner. My son is autistic and has no problem learning from Dave. I am very glad we found him.
· Drum · In home Dave is an upbeat, caring, encouraging, knowledgeable, and patient instructor. He comes to his lessons prepared with interesting skill-building exercises, but he is also able to go with the flow and improvise if a lesson takes a direction he didn't anticipate.
He keeps his students focused and inspired. He knows many styles and rudiments, and can integrate them into lesson plan suitable for students with all kinds of musical interests.
He can challenge students of all ages and abilities: from beginners who know nothing of music-reading or rudiments to seasoned musicians who want to branch out or tune up their skills.
I recommend Dave highly.