- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Why these lessons are different:
- Formally trained conductor/composer/producer
- Individual or group session options including full band production
- A long roster of satisfied clients
- Broad base of musical styles (rock, classical, jazz, blues, metal, bluegrass, theater, big band, symphonic, pop, punk, country, march, gospel, avant-garde...)
- Over 20 yrs teaching experience and work with recognized professionals including work in some of the top-rated private schools in the United States
- Guitar [Spanish, acoustic, electric]
- Electric Bass
- Woodwinds [specializing in saxophones]
- Brass & Bowed Strings [performance preparation only]
My process is based on (but does not adhere strictly to) the Classical approach to Western tonal harmony, shares the basic tenets of the Suzuki method, and asks that the students develop certain fundamentals of technique and theory. In my experience, this structure creates the strongest foundation for pupils to build the rest of their musical lives on, whether professionally or solely for personal enjoyment. All of my students are on the fast track to studying music theory. Whatever level they are at when I start with them, I guide their efforts into bringing the students up to a certain level of comprehension regarding the mathematical aspects of music and how it relates to their instruments. This understanding of theoretical principles of sound allows the students to play any style of music they wish, no matter how their tastes may change throughout their lives.
Solo and ensemble
Preparation and direction for stage and studio
Production of records and demos
The American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) is a membership association of more than 480,000 US composers, songwriters, lyricists and music publishers. The ASCAP is committed to nurturing music makers throughout their careers.
· Singing · Online yesterday was my first vocal lesson with Darrell. he is definitely one cool dude. My first impression is that he is very thorough. I like that we are starting from the ground up learning fundamentals. it is noteworthy that I am blind. I only say this because from the get-go he was open minded to adapt the session where we needed. I look forward to my upcoming lessons.
· Arrangement and Composition · In studio I was amazed at how much Darrell knew and was able to impart in just 45 minutes. He assessed my level in less than 5 minutes, then used every second to incorporate and expand what I already knew into organized concepts It seemed like a staggering amount of information, yet I never felt rushed or overwhelmed. I'm really looking forward to next week!