- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Danilo is a multi-instrumentalist originally from Long Island, New York and currently based in Rhode Island. He has maintained an active and successful performing career as a member of the groups David Wax Museum, Debo Band, The Superpowers, Rubblebucket, Full Tang and Watchout Kompa.
Danilo studied classical trumpet performance at the New England Conservatory of Music in Boston, MA with members of the Boston Symphony Orchestra (Peter Chapman, Steve Emery) as well as percussion and drums with other esteemed faculty members (Rakalam Bob Moses, Jamey Haddad). In addition to his conservatory training, Danilo has studied traditional West African drumming at the Dagbe Cultural Center in Kopeyia, Ghana.
Danilo has performed at many of the premier venues and festivals throughout North America including: Bonnaroo, New Orleans Jazz Festival, Lincoln Center Out of Doors, Bumbershoot, Montreal Jazz Festival, Montana Folk Festival, Globalfest, SXSW and Luminato.
Education has long been a passion for Danilo and he has been teaching private music lessons as well as instruction in the Boston public schools for years. Danilo teaches all levels and ages. His students value his patience and ability to find an inspiring path to discovery for each individual. Danilo has also shown himself to be very effective in the classroom setting. He has been a general music teacher in the Boston Public School system as well as teaching master classes and clinics at music schools and universities around the country.
In January 2014, Danilo was invited as a guest artist and educator at the Afghanistan National Institute of Music in Kabul where he taught and performed for young afghan music students.
Danilo considers his success as a performer to be in a direct relationship with the success of his teaching and he aims to spread to the joy of music making and appreciation as wide as possible.
*** Lesson Details ***
My teaching style is relaxed and supportive while always aiming to increase the knowledge of the student. My strong technical background combined with a deep sense for wide-ranging musical styles allows me to find what inspires a student initially, and use their interests and strengths to lead them to new discovery and technical efficiency.
Private study covers technical aspects of the instrument, including body awareness as well as reading, theory and musical expression and improvisation.
While each individual learns at a different pace, I strive to point out the progress my students have made because I find this recognition of achievement, no matter how small, is essential in a student's continued love of studying music.
*** Studio Equipment ***
lessons in dedicated music room with all instruments and equipment; upright piano, drum set and percussion.
The International Trumpet Guild is a non-profit organization founded in 1975 to promote communications among trumpet players around the world and to improve the artistic level of performance, teaching, and literature associated with the trumpet.
· Piano · In home Danilo is great! He adjusts each weeks lesson to adapt to my needs. Patient, easy going, and very knowledgeable about what I need to work on and giving me exercises to work on between lessons. Highly recommend!
· Piano · In home My first lesson with Danilo was collaborative, highly instructive, relaxed and inspiring. As a novice student of piano and a seasoned teacher, I can see that Danilo's skill and patience will pay off for me. Worth every cent!
· Trumpet · In home Danilio is very approachable, informitive and has positive attitude. Looking forward to my next lesson!
· Piano · In studio A top rate teacher with great enthusiasm and patience.
· Guitar · In studio Danilo is a great teacher. Very easy going and comfortable to work with.
· Piano · In studio Danilo is an excellent teacher! I liked how patient Danilo was at every lesson. Danilo was able to teach well using a variety of different techniques that kept the learning fresh and interesting. I also really liked how he personalized my lessons to songs that I wanted to learn and things I wanted to do. Great experience!
· · Danilo is the Best
Danilo is enthusiastic and fun. My son likes him very much and is learning a great deal. He enjoys his lessons. I think Danilo is a great match for my son - this is why I drive for one hour to get to the lessons and up to two and a half hours to get back home. (Traffic).
Danilo is a great teacher and very talented musician!! I'm thrilled we found him!
· Trumpet · Great teacher, really talented
I have worked with Danilo for a few weeks and look forward to every lesson. Not only is he very talented, he is patient, attentive, and really works with you on getting the best out of every lesson. I would reccomend him to anyone looking to start an instrument or to get back into playing an instrument.
· Trumpet · Danilo has not only taught my son trumpet, he has taught him to love music.
Danilo is a gifted teacher as well as an excellent musician. He tailors each lesson to my son's inclinations and interests while moving him along towards greater mastery of the trumpet. He encourages my son's curiosity and has conversations with my 10-year-old that touch on pretty sophisticated musical ideas. I cannot recommend Danilo more highly. He is patient, kind and always well-prepared for each lesson which builds on the work from the week before.
· · Danilo is an excellent instructor. He is very skilled as a musician but also as a teacher - designing appropriate lessons each week. My son loves the lessons and is motivated to practice on his own every week. Ezra particularly likes a good sense of humor and a teacher who is willing to move at the pace he is ready for - He and I both give Danilo 5 stars!