- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! I am a 31-year-old father and husband who loves to teach! Starting as a boy, my entire life I have enjoyed learning something new. My interests lay in history, politics, and foreign languages. As an adult, I have been connected in some form or another to helping others expand their boundaries and knowledge. I have taught as a private tutor, and as a teacher in a classroom, in a manner that is always fun and engaging. If you are struggling with your schoolwork, I would love to help you. I have several years experience with both classroom teaching and tutoring. Together, we can meet whatever goals you set for yourself!
I manage afterschool enrichment programs in northern Virginia and Maryland, as well as teach chess to elementary school children.
Taught 1st and 2nd year Russian to undergraduate and graduate students, including an intensive language course over the summer of 2013.
Private ESL school in Moscow, Russia. I taught children and adults, in groups and one-on-one, conversational and business English.
· Latin · Online Dan has worked with my 11th grade son, who has several learning disabilities, over the past year. He is patient, uses humor with my son and keeps him on task. He also communicates with me whenever needed. I would highly recommend Dan, and plan to keep him to help my son with Latin II as well!
· Russian · In studio Dan taught my 2nd-year intensive Russian course during the summer of 2013. Despite the sometimes grueling nature of studying Russian for 6 hours a day, 5 days per week, the time never dragged during Dan's lessons, which were always structured, yet flexible, while also being both fun and productive. All in all, no easy feat! Additionally, as someone who attained a superior level of fluency, Dan was incredibly inspiring to the rest of us, but also very relatable, with a killer sense of humor. His example led me to pursue Russian not only as an ungrad, but now as a grad student as well.
· Chess · In home Dan was my children’s Chess coach for 2 years. He was always punctual and well-prepared with a plan for the day’s lesson. He was able to evaluate each child's strengths and weaknesses accurately and tailor the lessons accordingly. He was responsive to my input and suggestions and incorporated them into his lessons.
· Chess · In home Dan was our 6 year old's chess tutor before a recent move. She always looked forward to her lessons and Dan did a great job of teaching her theory while keeping her engaged. He was very thoughtful about the material for his lessons and each week's lesson built off of the past knowledge and skills from previous lessons. He also encouraged her to participate in tournaments and other events and was always happy to hear her full report. We were happy to see our daughter improve gradually over time while continuing to love the game.
· Latin · Online Dan has tutored my son in Latin 1, online for the past 5-6 months, and is great! He's very knowledgeable, and is able to work on my 14 year olds level, always checking in to be sure that my son understands the material before continuing to the next topic. We plan to work with him through Latin II next year as well. As an added bonus, my son seems to like having a "guy" tutor who he can relate to!