- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Hi! My name is Dan and I have loved drumming since the 5th grade. I was an active performer in award-winning jazz and percussion ensembles throughout my experience at Cheltenham High School and the University of Pittsburgh. In addition, I received a bachelor in music from the University of Pittsburgh when I graduated in 2015, so I have a background in music theory as well. I moved back to my hometown outside of Philadelphia about 3 months ago and have been teaching my younger brother to play the drums and realized a passion for one on one teaching.
My lessons will focus on creating a love for the instrument that was instilled in me by previous instructors. In order to do this, I will hope to get a sense of the students goals during our first lesson. Based on these goals, I will tailor my remaining lessons to prepare the student to meet the goals while also having fun! First and foremost, music should be enjoyable! Also, in order to equip students to have fun and be creative with the instrument, we will work on standard rudiments and how these can be applied to the kit. Also I will encourage the development of independence on the drum kit.
Furthermore, I have a background in percussion and site reading. If younger students need help with percussion pieces for any kind of school band, that could be a focus as well.
My setup is located in my childhood home in Cheltenham. I have a drum set, ample sticks, drum pads, and speakers for playing along to songs. I can also travel to you!
I look forward to speaking with you about your goals! Please don't hesitate to reach out on Takelessons any time!
Develop therapeutic relationships with students from grades K-8 with behavioral problems to affect positive changes
Help students reach behavioral goals through verbal reminders, modeling, and positive incentives
Promoted to Manager after ten months as Barista in recognition of leadership ability
Trained new employees, managed inventory and ordering
Initiated and ran social media campaign and organized music events to promote business
Performed with smaller ensembles at numerous official campus events
Acted as lead drummer for University Jazz Ensemble
Worked with Pittsburgh legend and Dean of Jazz studies Geri Allen in a Clinic for select Pitt students.
· Drum · In studio Daniel is great! My 8yr old son Jackson just finished his 4th drum lesson with Daniel and is loving every minute of it. Daniel is very patient and an extremely talented and knowledgeable drummer. He makes learning the drums fun and interesting for Jackson, knowing how to keep his attention while teaching him valuable drum skills. Jackson loves coming home after his lessons to show all of his friends what he learns with Daniel each week.
· Drum · I have known Daniel since he was a kid. He is one of the most genuinely natural talented drummers I have known. Daniel has a playful, low-key manner that makes him very comfortable to be around and will help his students feel at ease. Anyone would be lucky to have Daniel as a teacher.