- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am a graduate of Temple University's Boyer College of Music and Dance as well as the Royal Academy of Music in London where I attained my BM in Piano Performance and Pedagogy and my MMus in Piano Performance, respectively. I am an active performer as well as a keen and engaging teacher, so I'm always thinking of new ways to get students thinking about being performing artists, whether they're well into their studies or just starting out. I'm interested in the student's perspective - what kind(s) of music do you enjoy? How can we work out an approach that will be as productive as possible for you? I'm a firm believer that every student is unique and has something special of their own to offer. The piano is a wonderful vehicle for expression, and my job is to help you find your voice.
The Cohan Collective is a course for composers and choreographers which is based on collaboration and quick creative production. The hired musicians work alongside the creative team and perform new works nearly every day during the residency. The Cohan Collective is associated with the Yorke Dance Company.
Since I graduated from high school in 2009 I've worked as a freelance pianist in the Philadelphia and London areas. I perform frequent solo recitals but I also collaborate with other chamber musicians. I've played in weekly church services, pit orchestras for music theater, and have accompanied numerous choirs and vocalists. I've had the pleasure and privilege to travel and perform in New Zealand, England, France, and Italy and I intend to keep an active performing and touring schedule.
Fireworks Music School operates in London and was the institution i worked for while I was enrolled in my Master's Degree at RAM.
I taught the fundamentals of marching technique and worked on the visual staff for the award-winning Marching Knights of North Penn High School. This group of hard-working and dedicated students competed across the country and maintained a reputation for being one of the best bands in the region.
· Piano · In home He was on time, very professional and
My kids really like him. We
Look forward to our next lesson
· Piano · In home Daniel is great. My kids seemed to really like him. We look forward to our next lesson
· Piano · In home He seems very professional, he was on time and my children really liked him!! So we r ecstatic!!!
· Piano · In home I put an advert at the Royal Academy in London asking for a pianist to accompany my singing. Dan arrived and was totally exceptionable: not only did he accompany beautifully but also gave me vary valuable singing tips. All our family used to look forward to the times he came round to play - he is a pleasure to know and such an intelligent and thoughtful - not only pianist - but person!
· Piano · In studio Top-notch teacher! Dan inspired my renewed joy and interest in playing the piano. It is rare to find a teacher with such great musical skill and knowledge, and who is also kind, personable, and helpful. He's the very best! I highly recommend him as your next instructor.
· Piano · In studio I have seen Dan perform and conduct in a wide variety of musical settings and he is without question a fantastic musician. The first piano lessons I ever took were with Dan, while he was still studying at Temple, and I could not have asked for more out of the lessons. Dan's instructions were both technical and expressive even though I was an absolute beginner on piano. I always looked forward to my lessons and I feel like the exercises, repertoire, and advice he gave me was always spot on.
More importantly he is a wonderful person who brings amazing passion and energy to everything he does. I hope to make music again with him someday, and I highly recommend him to anyone looking for an exceptional and dedicated teacher.
· Piano · In home An excellent pianist, an inspiring musician and a valuable colleague.
Mr. Espie's artistic output is a meeting point between the American and the European musical heritage. It is a great pleasure to see his good skill and experience being shared, passed on. Why search any further ? You have just found your piano teacher.
· Piano · In home Top quality pianist and teacher! He really takes pride in what he does. I would definitely recommend him to any aspiring piano students!
· Piano · In studio Dan Espie is both a top notch musician and human. I've watched him excel in all facets of musicality, from solo piano, to individual and choir accompaniment, to group leadership/teaching, to composition, and even to singing. And on top of all that, he is a thoughtful and fun person who has a lot more than just teachings of the musical variety to contribute.
Could not more highly recommend Dan for piano lessons.
· Piano · In home I have had the opportunity of working with Dan over the last 5 years and have known Dan well over 10 years. Dan has accompanied my chorus and select chorus numerous times and is a remarkable accompanist, is incredibly professional, always easy to work with, and a highly talented musician overall. He always was prepared and offered great insight when asked on ways to take our music to the next level. Additionally Dan sight read numerous times for us in performance and didn't blink an eye when asked always performing at an incredibly high level. My students have been blessed to have had his level of expertise associated with them and they have thoroughly enjoyed working with him. A consummate professional that I would trust any of my students with to receive the highest level of teaching and musicianship you will find.