- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Dr. C. was most recently described by Tim Page with the Washington Post as a “funny, exuberant and enormously likable” Papageno during Summer Opera Theater’s performance of The Magic Flute. Previously, the Post critiqued Daniel in Opera Theatre of Northern Virginia’s Barber of Seville as a “bright and bouncy” Figaro who delivered his lines with “aplomb.” Daniel has performed as a young artist in the Studio Programs of El Paso Opera, Kentucky Opera and Portland Opera. He has sung the roles of Sharpless in Madama Butterfly, Sid in Albert Herring, Figaro in The Marriage of Figaro, Belcore in L’elisir d’amore, Jupiter in Orphée aux enfers, Dr. Falke in Die Fledermaus, Bottom in A Midsummer Night’s Dream, Masetto in Don Giovanni, Schaunard in La Boheme, the Clock in L’Enfant et les Sortileges, Mandarin in Turandot and Haushofmeister in a world premiere of Dorian Gray. Daniel has had the distinct pleasure of singing with The Metropolitan Opera, Washington National Opera, Fort Worth Opera, Kentucky Opera, Bel Cantanti Opera, Amarillo Opera, Crested Butte Opera, Opera Southwest, Waco Lyric Opera, Concert Royal, Ash Lawn Opera Festival and Seagle Music Colony. He was a finalist for Dallas and El Paso Opera Guild Competitions, the NATS Singer of the Year Competition and the NATSAA National Competition. Daniel resides in New York City.
I have worked as both a soloist and chorister at many prominent churches throughout the country.
The College Music Society promotes music teaching and learning, musical creativity and expression, research and dialogue, and diversity and interdisciplinary interaction. A consortium of college, conservatory, university, and independent musicians and scholars interested in all disciplines of music, the Society provides leadership and serves as an agent of change by addressing concerns facing music in higher education.
Founded in 1944, National Association of Teachers of Singing, Inc. (NATS) is the largest professional association of teachers of singing in the world with more than 7,000 members worldwide.
An American labor union that represents 8,000 current and retired opera singers, ballet and other dancers, opera directors, backstage production personnel at opera and dance companies, and figure skaters.
· Speaking Voice · Online Great teacher!!! Detailed (per student's request) while very vivid explanations :)
· Singing · In studio Dr. Daniel C is an amazing teacher, he's the top of the top. Not only is he an extraordinary vocalist but also he's a very kind and caring person. I feel very fortunate to be his student and highly recommend that you sign up with him today.
· Singing · In home Great teacher!
· Audition Prep · Online Wow-derful. Dr. Collins, is one of a kind "unique. "
· Broadway Singing · In studio Highly recommend Dr. Daniel C. He was exactly what I needed; professional knowledgeable and easy to work with!
· Stage Performance · In studio Excellent first lesson
· Singing · In studio I have had other voice instructors, but Dan will be the last one I go to--he is a truly gifted singer and instructor. He is masterful at clearly explaining concepts and giving you just the right prompt that helps you get to the right sound or placement. You can tell he's not using cookie-cutter tactics, he hones in on you and figures out how you'll best understand. I have so much more confidence in hitting notes and recreating performances. I've grown tremendously working with Dan. And I've thoroughly enjoyed the process, as he's a great person as well!
· Singing · In studio It was a pleasure to have my son take lessons from Dr Collins. I wish we had more time, but since we're were in NY for a short summer trip, a few lessons were all we had. My son connected with Dan and looked forward to each lesson. He learnt breathing, posture, expressions for the singing and other tips that will help him in any performance he gives on stage. Dr Collins has made a lasting impression on my son not only as a teacher but as someone my son looks up to as a role model.
· Singing · Online Dan is a wonderfully insightful and gifted teacher. He has extensive knowledge of the voice and is able to impart this knowledge with ease. He is professional, supportive and a pleasure to work with.
· Singing · Online Dan is an outstanding teacher! His ability to connect with a student and impart technical knowledge in a kind, nurturing way is exceptional. My son adores him and has gained so much from his time with Dan. He is an expert in his field and highly engaging. My son is like any other teenage boy. He likes Jack White, Jimi Hendrix and comic books. He also loves classical singing with Dan. My son chose to learn with Dan over school of rock because Dan is brilliant and has really helped develop his voice. He is completely unpretentious but thoroughly professional. A very talented and special teacher!