- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
I am passionate about helping people of all ages to develop their singing talents! I am a classically trained singer and a certified K-12 music teacher. I have a Bachelor's degree in Voice and Music Education from the Hartt School, and a Master's degree in Early Music/voice from the Longy School of Music of Bard College.
I take an individualized and exploratory approach to teaching singing; I believe that students get the best results when they have an equal part in improving their skills through self-reflection, critical thinking, and practice.
In addition to building a private studio, I am on the voice faculty at the Hartt School Community Division, where I teach students ages 9 through adult, and I teach voice to non-music-majors at the University of St. Joseph.
Learn more about me at www.danakephart.com.
Singer in the Alto section of the all-professional Connecticut Choral Artists (CONCORA) choir.
Voice teacher to non-music-majors who sing in the Chapel Choir at the University of St. Joseph. I also serve as their Alto section leader.
I sing with the professional choir at the Cathedral of St. Joseph in Hartford.
Private voice lessons provided to children and adults.
Taught classroom/choral music and opera education to children in urban school districts, in the Boston area.
I hold an 049 certification to teach music in K-12 public schools in Connecticut
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Singing · In studio Dana is great! I was so nervous and she put me right at ease and made the lesson a lot of fun. She is very patient and knowledgeable and I highly recommend her!
· Singing · In studio I've only had the privilege of working with Dana for 3 months, but have already noticed great improvement in my voice! She is patient and understanding, while still keeping students focused and motivated, offering encouragement along the way. She is incredibly knowledgable and thinks it's important to share the "why" behind the "what" so that her students are really using their voices properly. It has been more than a decade since my last formal singing experience, and my time with Dana has helped me access better technique than I've ever had, which has given me a huge confidence boost. I would absolutely recommend Dana to anyone looking to improve vocally!!