- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My specialty is voice but I also teach acoustic guitar, ukulele and songwriting for the student who desires to develop their own style and create their own songs. Not only is it fun but the music education that comes with it is highly valuable for future musicians. (guitar and ukulele rentals available at an additional cost to the student)
For students who are just beginning their vocal journey or are busy performers who want to improve healthy technique and sing with more confidence; or perhaps a worship leader or backup singer is struggling with vocal strain, my goal is to help them find vocal freedom and maintain an amazing, healthy voice that will confidently meet their expectations, year after year, in every situation, every time.
As an active performing vocalist, musician, songwriter, and Christian worship artist and band leader, I understand the demands and challenges of a busy performance calendar, singing sets for back-to-back audiences day after day and week after week, and the need for a vocalist to find the vocal freedom that will produce confidence in their voice no matter what the venue.
The first steps to mastering vocal freedom are the building blocks for vocal success. Whether the student is a child or an adult, with little or no training, it is my goal to make singing an enjoyable and freeing experience.
Singing with complete vocal freedom and confidence can seem very elusive. Surprisingly, it's not as elusive as one might think! Vocal freedom is within reach and most students experience a measure of it within the few first lessons, some even gaining a full octave in their range in their first lessons. Using a systematic method incorporating the study of good vocal technique and working on songs the student loves to sing makes learning more fun and gives the student a greater appreciation of music as a whole while encouraging a passion for music that lasts a lifetime. I encourage and teach sight reading, and theory basics especially for those students who are considering music as a profession.
*** Lesson Details ***
Each student learns with material that will be divided into step-by-step doable lessons so they can be sure to learn the best techniques and material along the way. Sheet music and lesson books are provided at a minimal additional cost.
*** Studio Equipment ***
My home-studio is bright and open and set up with an upright piano, full length mirror, music stand, iPad with appropriate applications, guitar, mandolin, ukulele, and computer for recording and playback. Parents are welcome to sit in on lessons or wait for their children in the adjacent room. I also may provide a follow-up email which includes any recordings and lesson notes from the current lesson.
As the student progresses I also provide a PA system to teach mic technique and build performance confidence.
I ask that students come prepared with the following items to their lessons.
~ Bottled water
~ A ring binder with paper for notes and a zippered pouch to keep tools and handouts.
~ A flash drive for recording transfers or they can use their phone or other recording device to record their lessons.
*** Specialties ***
I honestly love my students and love teaching! It's such a privilege to be a part of their musical journey. I specialize in church worship vocals, choir, a capella, show tunes and musical theater. I teach free, healthy vocal technique which enables each student to explore and focus on different styles of singing. I also love teaching young voices especially teens who want to have a good time learning to sing.
NOTE ~ My teaching style is more structured therefore some young children may not be ready to take lessons with me.
Associate instructor of online live-chat lessons; vocal, guitar ukulele and songwriting.
Private Home-Studio Owner: Voice, ukulele, guitar and songwriting.
Vocal workshops and conference clinician.
Clinics and workshops tailored to your needs at your location.
Associate vocal, guitar, ukulele and songwriting instructor and certified music instructor. Rock University Teachers Association, Escondido CA
Organize, prepare and oversee technical and musical aspects of worship services and special events, plan worship sets and lead practice sessions. Lead band musicians and vocalists and give vocal instruction. Direct adult and children's choirs, and a cappella ensembles. Responsible for developing and raising up new musicians through conducting workshop, seminars and one-on-one instruction.
Introduction to Music Production
Grade Achieved: 93.7%
Completed with Distinction on September 13th, 2014
6 weeks | 6-8 hours/week
Berklee College of Music
Grade Achieved: 100.0%
Completed on June 2nd, 2014
6 weeks | 4-5 hours/week
George W. Russell, Jr.
Associate music instructor and certified music instructor. Rock University Teachers Association, Escondido CA
· Singing · In studio She made my daughter feel very comfortable. Looking forward to more classes.
· Vocal Training · In home I have had my first few lessons with Cosima and she has been absolutely amazing. I am a beginner and she has made me feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Very professional, informative, and dedicated to her students. I look forward to more lessons with Cosima.
· Singing · In studio Good singing teacher.
· Vocal Training · In studio Very understanding, thoughtful, but does not waste time. Gets right to teaching techniques for your voice and your singing weaknesses. Also, takes her time to make sure you understand what she is saying and teaching. Efficient, effective, and fantastic. Cannot recommend enough.
· Singing · In home My teenage daughter is a bit shy. When she started with Cosima she had a nice, but untrained voice. Cosima has done a lovely job helping her to refine her voice and gain confidence. I know Cosima's teaching helped my daughter get into her very competitive High School choir. Cosima is a gem.
· Singing · In home First lesson, I liked how she started with explaining the different parts of singing. Chest, throat, nasal, and head. I think I am going to like this.
· Singing · In home I am so glad that I had the privilege of meeting Cosima and having her as my singing instructor. Singing is something that I always loved and still do, so I was nervous to show my flaws, but Cosima was always very encouraging. She listened carefully and always tried to find a way to help me reach what ever goal we were working on. Even though I had so much trouble with my voice she never gave up on me, she always tried to figure out different exercises that would help me out. She always asked what she could do better as an instructor to help me reach my goal. One thing I loved receiving were my lesson notes, because I could look over them and remind myself on what I needed to work on. She is extremely understanding! And very patient! I miss my lessons with her! She is the most wonderful, down to earth person and is great at what she does!
· Singing · In studio I lost my singing voice after being hospitalized. Cosima has brought my voice back and beyond what it used to be. She has helped me overcome decades of poor singing habits. What a blessing.
· Singing · In home Cosima is outstanding! My daughter loves her lessons is learning a lot! I recommend Cosima to anyone.
· Singing · In studio Thank you Cosima. I feel much more confident singing in front of people. I loved your positive, supportive guidance and feel like you've taught me how to keep improving even though my schedule does not allow me to take lessons at the present.