- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Corinne is a friendly, caring, instructor and provides a stress-free learning environment. All styles, levels and ages are welcome. She teaches pop, musical theatre, classical, and jazz.
Corinne holds a Bachelor of Music in Jazz Vocal Studies from Michigan State University and enjoys teaching children and adults how to sing. All levels, styles, and ages are welcome. :)
Corinne was a vocal director for Rock and Ridicule, a rock and roll musical performed at the Acme Comedy Theatre in Hollywood. She also was the music director for Act I Children's Theatre in Sherman Oaks. Currently, Corinne is music directing an after school musical theatre class at Wilbur Elementary School in Tarzana.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons with me are fairly laid-back. I use the Alfred's book series for piano students. For voice students, I tend to stick to genres the students are interested in learning and choose songs based on the student's abilities and levels and work up from there.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Piano, music stands, music
*** Travel Equipment ***
None. I expect piano students to have a keyboard or piano at home. Voice students will not need any special equipment.
*** Specialties ***
I hold a degree in Jazz Vocal Studies and I also specialize in musical theatre.
· Singing · In studio Corinne is a fantastically fun teacher! I love that she records the lesson, it makes it much easier to practice at home. I felt comfortable as an adult student and we had a great time together. I'm very happy with my decision to take lessons from her and you will be too!
· Singing · In studio Corinne is a wonderful professional instructor.
· Singing · In studio I've been taking voice with Corinne weekly for about 4 or 5 months now. I am not a professional singer or performer, but I was looking to treat myself by doing something just for me. I'm a full-time grad student who works full-time, so I really appreciate my personal, free time. Since I used to sing in high school and college, I decided it would be fun to look into voice lessons, which is how I came to Corinne. Corinne has been such a great addition to my crazy schedule! Considering I am doing this for my own enjoyment rather than professional goals, I let her choose the songs and what to focus on for each lesson, which works so well for me. I enjoy all my lessons and the best part is I get to have fun while improving my voice. I used to do choir and musical theatre years (and years) ago, and it's fun to learn new/different techniques and exercises. She records all the lessons, which is useful to both practice and just hear your own improvement. In short: Corinne is fantastic and I highly recommend seeing her!
· Broadway Singing · In studio I had a great first lesson with Corinne!! She's super nice, funny, and very informative. I can't wait for more lessons to come!
· Singing · In studio Corinne is an amazing teacher. I have left her a review when my daughter started and she has already learned so much more in a short period of time. Corinne knows how to keep my daughter focused and even provides recordings for her to practice at home and for me to listen to as well since I can't be there. I look forward to having my 17 year old continue with her and I would highly recommend her to others as well.
· Piano · In studio My son and I have been taking piano lessons from Corinne for almost a year. She is a lovely person, extremely patient and dedicated to teaching. She genuinely cares about her students. Corinne is quite gifted working with young children as well as adults. I took piano lessons as a child, and she immediately assessed where to resume instruction. She took a totally different approach with my six year old son, who had no experience. Even though he had just started to read and write in school, she used a very understandable, age- appropriate method with him. He is now playing the piano while reading basic music at the same time. She knows exactly how much and how hard to gently push, in order to encourage improvement each week. Corinne is also very professional, dependable, punctual and takes the time you spend with her seriously. I highly recommend Corinne as a piano teacher. We enjoy our lessons immensely.
· Singing · In home My daughter had a wonderful experience and can't wait to go back! Thanks, Corinne!
· Classical Voice · In studio I have been training with Corinne for a couple of weeks now and I've already learned so much! She is such a friendly and warm person and also has huge amounts of knowledge about singing. She hears what is going on with my voice and guides me towards the right direction. The 30 minutes I come in are effective and we already have a few songs that I can sing at future auditions.
I highly recommend Corinne as a voice teacher!
· Vocal Training · In studio So, I've been singing for years, but after deciding to produce a professional project as well as perform more, I wanted to get training to have a better command of my voice.
I not only had a breaktrhoughs in my singing ability, but also in my professional career after working with her!
Corinne helped me to gain confidence, power and precision in my performance and I would recommend her for ANY singer of ANY again and ANY experience level!
· Singing · In studio My 11 year-old daughter has been taking voice and piano lessons from Corinne for about two years and she loves it. Corinne is so encouraging, but doesn't push too hard, so my daughter really enjoys the lessons. For voice, Corinne is always open to letting my daughter sing the songs she's interested in, but has also broadened her interests with new and classic pieces. My daughter had taken piano before, but her skills have improved so much since she started working with Corinne. I highly recommend Corinne for voice and piano lessons!