So you want to play an instrument? Well I have taught for over 40 years and have developed special programs for you on piano, guitar, bass, voice and other instruments for you to learn. From easy beginner to the most advanced, I will help you to learn the songs you love! Whether we use the most modern technology in my professional recording studio or just some chords or perhaps learning to sight read something for a talent show, I can take you all the way to the highest performance level. Your goals are my goals.
I have studied with some of the most famous teachers in the world, including Charlie Parker's pianist Walter Bishop Jr. and Dizzy Gillespie's musical director Mike Longo, among many others.
I also have the experience of over 400 gigs a year to bring to your lesson. I have performed on piano, guitar and bass and vocals with famous stars and some really great bands which will help me answer many of your questions. I am currently still working, teaching and recording all the time. I also have a professional recording studio in my home which you can take full advantage of.
*** Lesson Details ***
I want you to have fun learning and can help you with understanding and memorizing your songs.
I focus on sight-reading, ear training (like jamming and playing blues) and theory. You get to choose the areas you would like to learn.
Once we have established the basics including melody and chords, we will pick songs you want to learn to play with your friends or just by yourself. We can use music books or go on YouTube to learn your songs.
I have helped students with auditions as well as performances. After only a few lessons you will hear and see things differently than ever before.
*** Studio Equipment ***
My studio comes complete with acoustic and electric keyboards, acoustic and electric guitars, electric bass and amps to play through, as well as professional microphones for recording. I use ProTools for recording which is used in every major studio around the world and it's loaded with great software for demos or mastering songs.
*** Specialties ***
I teach beginner, intermediate and advanced students.
I teach all styles of music including Classical, Jazz, and Rock/Pop/Blues.
I also teach songwriting, performing and recording in my ProTools studio.
I have been teaching and performing for 30 years at various private institutions and functions.
One of three United States performing rights organizations, along with ASCAP and SESAC. It collects license fees on behalf of songwriters, composers, and music publishers and distributes them as royalties to those members whose works have been performed. In FY 2013, BMI collected more than $944 million in licensing fees and distributed $814 million in royalties.
· Harmonica · In studio Cory gave me a great first lesson and has a pleasant and helpful manner. I look forward to my next lesson!
· Singing · In studio Fun first lesson. Very informative. Explained pitch, tone and timing in terms I could easily understand. Comfortable studio and close to my house! Can recommend wholeheartedly!!
· Violin · Online First online lesson and my Skype was not working. Cory quickly found a workaround. He was patient and engaged. I feel motivated to do my 'homework' and am confident this student/teacher match is a good one. I look forward to many more lessons!
· Bass Guitar · In studio Cory is a great I am really excited by his approach and genuine love music overall. His enthusiasm comes through his teaching.
· · He's absolutely amazing! Excellent instructor! Well rounded and well versed when in comes to music. Recommend!
· Harmonica · In studio Great experience!
· Harmonica · In studio Great experience!
· Organ · Online First of all, he is very thorough. Cory is always thinking outside the box, brings new ideas to the table! He is not only a teacher, but a musician performer as well. When he teaches, he implements performance and teaches not only to play the instrument but to sound good. He is personable and direct. He is also very tolerant regardless of my blindness. I've had other instructors, and by far, Cory is the best!
· Singing · In studio i was so stressed out as my son, a musician, asked me to sing with him at his wedding. yikes!! Boy, did I luck out when I randomly picked Cory for some quick singing lessons. He was so encouraging and helpful!! By the end of 5 lessons we made a recording of the song I am to sing. Well it looks like I won't humiliate myself or family. It was really amazing. He has incredible "in studio"effects and easily transferred the song to a key I could practice and actually "sing." I haven't "performed" yet (next week) but I am looking forward to it, thanks to Cory. Everyone should have at least "one" song that they can pull off for special events. Totally worth it!! Thanks to Cory I have mine...now if I could only learn to "shake my groove thang."
· Harmonica · Online Cory is an excellent teacher. His lessons are a blast. He's done a great job of assessing my existing musical knowledge and goals for learning the harmonica, and customizing the lessons to allow me to learn quickly (as well as improve my grasp of theory in a fun and practical way).
I'd highly recommend him for anyone considering harmonica lessons (or lessons with one of the many other instruments he teaches).