My passion is Spanish! It has taken me around the world and changed my life in ways I could have only dreamed of without it! When you really love something you want to share it!I That's why I love teaching Spanish
I have 11 years of Spanish experience. I graduated college with a degree in Spanish, lived in Spain for 6 months, played university level basketball in Spain, studied in the Dominican Republic, tutored a countless number of students all the way up through the college level, and worked for 4 years professionally using Spanish as an interpreter/translator.
▪ 2015 Saint John’s University, Graduated May 2015 B.A. Hispanic Studies (Spanish)
▪ Lived in Spain for 6 months in monolingual host family, studied Spanish at IE University in Segovia,
Spain, played on the University level (Spanish speaking basketball team)
▪ Completed International Baccalaureate Program with 24 total points (earned 5 in Spanish HL, 7 on oral exam)
▪ Completed International Baccalaureate Middle Years Program
▪ 11+ year Spanish experience
PAST TUTORING EXPERIENCE
University of Saint John’s and the College of Saint Benedict’s, Collegeville, MN. Sept 2013-May 2015
▪ Tutored all levels of college Spanish
▪ Tutored native Spanish speakers in grammar
▪ Approx. 6 hours per week, tutored based on individual student’s needs
SPANISH WORK EXPERIENCE
Bilingual Technical Specialist at DecoPac Inc. Anoka, MN September 2015-August 2016
▪ Spent 50% of time on phone providing technical support to customers in English and Spanish.
▪ Developed and maintained Spanish vocabulary surrounding printers, baking, technology, and inter- net.
▪ Performed written translations of company documents.
▪ Translated website text as necessary.
▪ Wrote customer help videos in Spanish/English and was on camera talent
Bilingual Pawn-Broker at Pawn-Works in Crystal, MN July 2015-March 2016
▪ Made deals to buy customers items and give collateral loans in Spanish/English
▪ Studied, developed and maintained Spanish for retail business
Bilingual Landscaping Supervisor Summer 2013, 2014 Brickman Landscaping, The Lawnsmith
▪ Lead a team of native speaking, monolingual Spanish landscapers full time
▪ Only crew member that spoke English.
▪ Developed, maintained mechanical, landscaping vocabulary. Developed and maintain useful slag and everyday Spanish.
COMMUNITY SERVICE PROJECTS
Dominican Republic 2015
▪ I spent two weeks in the DR, working with native Spanish speakers on a variety of projects, includ- ing improving and maintaining a multi-cultural elementary school (building walls, working on plumb- ing), and erecting basketball hoops in and around the Las Terrenas community.
I've been studying Spanish for 11+ years. Please check out my resume above!