- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Claire Whitcomb began playing piano at 4 years old, viola at age 12, and violin in high school while studying with Dan Reinker, principal violist of the Nashville Symphony, at Vanderbilt's Blair School of Music pre-college program. She obtained her Bachelor's of Music degree from Middle TN State University under the tutelage of Sarah Cote and went on to achieve her Master's of Music Degree from the Cincinnati Conservatory, where she studied under Masao Kawasaki and Catharine Carroll. There she studied excerpts with the principal violist of the Cincinnati Symphony, Christian Colberg.
Claire is currently a tenured string player with the West Virginia Symphony and Lexington Philharmonic. She is a formal substitute with the Cincinnati Symphony, Louisville Orchestra, Chattanooga Symphony, Amarillo Symphony, and many other orchestras. With over 10 years teaching violin, viola, and piano she began the Claire de Lune Academy in 2014 out of her home, just north of Nashville, TN
I started my own teaching company earlier this year and it has been blossoming ever since! I teach online and in person lessons to people of all ages and backgrounds. I love teaching so much, it is so fun for me to discuss string playing with those that are interested! You can read more about Claire de Lune Academy at www.clairedeluneacademy.com
I play viola in the West Virginia Symphony Orchestra! We have a great time bringing audiences classic pieces that enrich all of our lives.
I play viola in the Lexington Philharmonic in Lexington, KY. Throughout the year we play classical and pops repertoire to a very supportive audience. We are lucky to do what we love for a living!
I taught both private and group classes in person to a studio of about 30 kids. Most of my students were violin and viola, but I also taught cello and piano. I was in charge of scheduling lessons and annual recitals.
I taught violin, viola, cello, and piano while working on my Bachelor's of Music degree in Murfreesboro, TN. I helped schedule lessons and recitals, as well as provide coaching for groups of kids and adults. My studio reached a point of averaging at 25 students and most of them studied the Suzuki method with me.
A labor union representing professional musicians in the United States and Canada. Founding in 1896 as the successor to the "National League of Musicians," the AFM is the largest organization in the world representing the interests of professional musicians.
· Violin · Online Claire is a wonderful violin teacher! She's patient, fun, and explains things very well! She not only teaches the need-to-know things, like helpful scales or songs from the Suzuki books, but also teaches you music you like to play! She is very encouraging and motivates me to keep playing even when I'm in a rut! I would definitely recommend her!
· Violin · In home Claire is an A+ teacher. We have been taking lessons with her for 2 years and I have seen massive amounts of progress with my two kids. They have achieved more with Claire than their previous violin teacher and I think it's because she is not only a skilled violinist and teacher, but the kids love their lessons with her. She listens to them and takes what they want to learn into account. We love Claire!
· Violin · Online i take lessons with claire on claire de lune academy's website and i have never learned so much about music. claire is thorough in her explanations and always makes sure i understand the theory behind what we're working on as well as the music side of it. definitely recommend claire as a violin teacher!
· Viola · Online I signed up to take with Claire twice a week on Skype because I loved our lessons so much. She keeps me interested in playing viola and encourages me to keep going no matter what. I recommend Claire for anyone looking to get better at string playing. I used to take violin, but switched to viola recently and am loving it.
· Violin · Online Claire has helped me learn church music to play on Sundays and gives great guidance on a lot of other genres. We also work on classical and fiddle and have a great time doing it. Best teacher ever.
· Violin · Online I'm an adult beginner violin player and Claire has been so patient with me. I've learned so much in a short period of time and can tell I picked the right teacher!
· Violin · Online I started playing violin two years ago with Claire and LOVE it! She inspires me to keep going and she explains things in a way I can easily understand. Claire is personable, talented, and a great teacher.
· Violin · Online Claire is a such a great violin teacher! She always has helpful tips to help me learn my favorite songs. I highly recommend her!!