- Levels Taught:
- Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced
Theatre professional & storytelling specialist based in Pittsburgh. I have worked as a Teaching Artist in New York, Connecticut, Pennsylvania and North Carolina at companies such as the Children's Theatre of Charlotte, the University of Pittsburgh and the Greater Hartford YMCA YArts program.
From private coaching college students' monologues to teaching large groups of elementary students how to tell a story... the list goes on and I feel very fortunate to learn something new from each classroom, city and student.
My degree is in theatre performance and marketing from the University of Pittsburgh as well as significant training from the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York City. I have performed in various productions, staged readings and festivals around the country -- from professional theatre for young audiences to classical texts to contemporary TV pilots.
- Teaches students:
- Ages 3+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
Hi there! My name is Claire and I am a theatre enthusiast living in Pittsburgh. I have a degree in theatre performance and marketing from the University of Pittsburgh as well as intensive training from the Stella Adler Studio of Acting in New York City.
I have performed in various productions, staged readings and festivals around the country -- from professional theatre for young audiences to classical texts to contemporary TV pilots.
Currently, you can find me managing the marketing and public relations for Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre School, or creating original works for audiences that benefit from sensory and autism-friendly strategies with Jumping Jack Theater.
I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Classroom Residencies | Various Schools| Guest Artist
Jumping Jack's sensory-friendly approach to education not only gives students tools to engage with their world but also provides a safe space for creative self-expression. Students build communication skills and social interaction through dramatic play, creative movement, and music experiences with our skilled teaching artists.
Students receive a behind-the-scenes look into creating live theatre and directly contribute to our brainstorming process as we develop new shows. Feedback from students ensures we create theatrical experiences that best accommodate our audiences.
Summer Camp Administrator | Education Department
- Conducted theatre games and acting exercises for those attending the Aftercare Program.
- Offered administrative and technical support to teachers and counselor for weekly camps
- Acted as a liaison between camp personnel and families for factors such as age group placement, themes, and strategies for behavioral setbacks
- Created an organized guide for future Administrative Assistants, outlining policies and instructions for tasks such as mail merges and generating reports
Theatre Program Instructor | Creative Movement | Performance Skills | Grades K-5
- Prepared lesson plans weekly
- Demonstrated flexibility in the classroom to adapt to each student's needs
- Planned and executed end of the year showcase
Claire Is Not Only Experienced But Shows Passion When She Teaches. She Has Taught As Young As 7yrs Old And Has A Way With Kids That Is Nothing Short Of Magical. I Had The Pleasure Of Working Along Side Her And My Biggest Admiration For Her Is Her Passion And Her Strong Desire To Be Unique.+ Read More