I'm a classically trained soprano with degrees from the University of Michigan and the University of Louisville. I have taught privately and as a member of the Vocal Music Faculty at both the University of Louisville and the Kentucky Governor's School for the Arts. Former students of mine are now being offered full scholarships to Voice Performance programs, roles in local productions, and are working as professional music educators. As a singer, I have appeared in operas, concerts, recitals, and musicals across the country and maintain an active performance and audition schedule.
I specialize in classical voice, including opera, operetta, art song, and contemporary classical repertoire. I'm also comfortable incorporating musical theatre and other non-traditional repertoire into lessons. I have conversational facility in French, and can coach diction of French, Italian, German, and Spanish at a highly specific level. I am very comfortable working with students for whom English is not their first language.
As a very experienced auditioner as well as audition panelist, I hope I can be of particular service to students preparing for auditions, be they professional, college, grad school, or community theatre.
Private studio of 10 students, working on everything from jazz standards to spirituals to art song and opera and musical theatre. Ages range from 13 to 56.
A summer conservatory of the most talented students in the state. Private studio of six students, plus classroom instruction in Beginning Music Theory and seminar presentations on Arts Non-Profit Management.
Maintaining a studio of 12-16 students of varying skill levels, ranging from complete beginners to students with several years of lessons. Under my tutelage, two students successfully auditioned to have their principal instrument changed to voice.
· Singing · In home Claire was friendly, professional, and welcoming. She explained things clearly and obviously knew her stuff. I'm looking forward to my next lesson with her!
· Singing · In home I have zero musical background. Claire was very patient and clear. I had an absolutely great time. The lesson flew by. I am excited to continue.
· Opera Voice · In studio Claire cares if you're learning correctly. If you don't learn something right away she has different methods of teaching it. She's very patient and will take the time to make sure you sound great.
· Singing · In studio Claire is really a one of a kind talent. She is a gorgeous singer with a deeply beautiful voice, great ears, and musicianship for miles.. She is intelligent, entrepreneurial, familiarly acquainted with the industry, and is very kind and supportive to boot. I am lucky enough to have been working full time in the classical music industry for a couple of years now and Claire is one of the most impressive people I have ever worked with.
· Singing · In studio Claire is super nice and supportive. She is a great singer herself and she knows how to explain singing technique in a way that anyone can understand. Would recommend her to anyone and everyone!
· · I have nothing but wonderful experiences with Claire, she's the best!
· Opera Voice · In home Claire is pretty much one of the most amazing artists, teachers, and human beings I've ever met. I always feel like a better artist after I have worked with her. You would be lucky to have her on your musical team :)