- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
Music can inspire creativity and growth; it can evoke tranquility and joy. This was the case for Cindy W. who began playing the piano at the age of ten and within a couple of years studied composers such as Debussy, Liszt, Bach, and Chopin. While only in junior high, she started teaching piano, rapidly gaining teaching and business experience. She held annual recitals giving the students an opportunity to perform for their parents and peers in a public setting.
Cindy studied music with Rachel Perez-Hayes, a graduate from the Juilliard School of Music, New York, and was considered gifted and talented with perfect pitch recognition. Her background in music coupled with a Master's degree in Educational Psychology has enabled her to create unique lesson plans for each student focusing on individual strength and ability. Cindy has performed in concerts, weddings, parties, churches, and school functions. Her entire life has been enriched with music and it is her passion to promote the arts to young minds as well as adults.
*** Lesson Details ***
Cindy teaches private 30 or 45-minute lessons from the beginning level to advanced. Students are taught using the Alfred all-in-one piano course because it is a step-by-step method that provides a solid foundation for playing and interpreting music while building self-confidence and an appreciation for the fine arts. Students typically learn how to read music and play pieces from their book while learning music theory, ear training, and rhythmic skills. Students have the option of performing in front of an audience or simply learning how to play for their own pleasure. Cindy coaches those desiring to play publicly in a non-threatening, relaxed manner.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Living Room, grand piano, and keyboards available, room for parents to wait
*** Specialties ***
I have taught using the John Thompson and the Alfred piano course methods. I prefer using the Alfred method because it gets the students comfortable playing on the black keys from the start.
In addition to teaching piano to both children and adults, I have played the piano for recitals and concerts, churches, choirs, weddings, memorial services, and parties.
· Piano · In home First lesson was great! I learned a lot, time to practice.
· Piano · In home We have been with Cindy for more than a year she is doing excellent job we have 7 years old daughter learning piano we recommend her she is the best!!
· Piano · We are happy with the class
Our 7 year old daughter have been taking piano lessons for 8 months Cindy Withers did a great job for our kid. She is very patient and put priority for accuracy as well as artistic expressions, so our daughter learning with a very good technique that made her very much interested in playing music and we see a change every week. We really like Cindy Withers and we highly recommend her. Cindy Withers is an excellent instructor for our daughter.
· Piano · Excellent teacher
I enjoy the class a lot. I am comfortable learning with Cindy because she is a polite and patient teacher. She is also very helpful and considerate when it comes to my learning.
· · Piano
My daughter's lessons are great and she is learning quite a bit... Her instructor is great and I thank your company for having her as our instructor. Thank you very much and we appreciated the lessons.
· · Top Notch! As a student who started to learn piano as an adult and resume after 7 years, I found her to be super patient. She makes me feel comfortable in absorbing the details and felt the reward at the end of each lesson. She goes beyond what's in the book.
· · Cindy is great. She is patient and is always encouraging. She makes learning fun...
· · Cindy is a wonderful, patient, and professional teacher. I am really enjoying my lessons and I've learned so much already. So lucky to have met her!
· · We're having a fun time learning!
My daughter Maddie and I are having a wonderful time learning from Cindy! She is energetic, positive and has a great sense of humor.