- Teaches students:
- Ages 5+ and special needs
- Teaching since:
- June 2011
Currently developing the music program at "The Chicago Ballet Center", which includes a private music studio located in the Chicago Six Corners business district (Cicero & Irving Park). Working together with Keys4Kids organization, the "Violin Center of Chicago", "PianoForte Foundation", as well as other recognized music institutions to deliver the best possible education for musicians of all ages.
1. I am comfortable teaching private or group lessons for Piano, Guitar, Bass Guitar, Violin, Music Performance, Music Theory, and Composition.
2. I have lifelong experience in the arts from private lessons, Interlochen Center for the Arts, and Columbia College Chicago. (B.A. in 2014)
3. My specialties are classical music and modern rock genres.
My recent history begins from my graduation from McBain Public High School in Michigan, where I received my diploma in 2005.
• 2012-2014 Served as the Principal Educator at Rico Music and Art Center (RMAC). RMAC is a busy music center in Chicago at Six Corners (Cicero & Irving Park) where I taught private lessons and manage the day-to-day business. I inspired and motivated colleagues and students of all ages alike, to achieve our goals and seek higher levels of learning.
• 2010-2011 Ended my lighting business and became a part time student at Columbia College Chicago pursuing degrees in music composition and piano performance. Building my repertoire to include Bach, Beethoven, Mozart, Rachmaninoff, Chopin, Debussy, and more. Studying with the masters of the field such as Columbia College Head of the Composition Dept. Dr. Marcos Balter, Dr. Ilya Levinson, Dutch pianist and composer Sebastian Huydts, Bette Coulson of Coulson's Music y making new connections, I began teaching at RMAC as the Principal Educator and taking on creative music projects to compose music for student films. (Films are available upon request)
• 2008-2010 Left the touring road to start an event lighting company (Light it Up/ EDC Productions/GOBI Project), which lead me to Chicago where I ran my business efficiently, while still practicing music.
• 2005-2008 As soon as I received my diploma and high school graduation was over, I was on tour almost non-stop with Deja Normal (Mike Mains and the Branches) Arescyn (Static Factory Records) playing the piano/bass/vocals and taking an intimate role with the song and lyric writing. Tens of thousands of miles traveled with hundreds of performances from the East coast to the West to play the smallest of venues tucked away in the woods of West Virginia to major music events such as Vans Warped Tour dates.
I am very excited about my future in music within the educational realm, by the magnificent challenge that it provides. Hopefully, by sharing my perspective with my friends, colleagues, students, we can share the great feeling of accomplishment together.
*** Studio Equipment ***
Pianos, acoustic guitar and violins
Free Parking behind building, WiFi, and a Cafe next door!
*** Specialties ***
Classical music and modern rock genres, most similar to the Suzuki method.
Organized recitals for all teachers and students, and overseeing the process of learning for all students.
Member of the Music Teachers National Association
The MTNA was founded in 1876 with the goal of advancing the value of music study and music-making to society while supporting the careers and professionalism of teachers of music. With nearly 22,000 members in 50 states—and more than 500 local affiliates—the MTNA is the preeminent source for music teacher support, where members embody like-minded values and commitment to their students, colleagues and society as a whole, while reaping the rewards of collaboration, continuity and connection throughout the lifetime of their careers.+ Read More
Chris was wonderful. It will probably be a slow journey, but he has the skill and patience to go along with Liam who is autistic.
Christopher is a Great Teacher.
I am so glad I found him to be my Grandsons violin teacher. Kevin is 8 yrs. old and never played an instrument before. Christopher really knows how to relate to him on his own level. He makes learning easy and fun. Kevin looks forward to his weekly lesson and has learned so much already.
Chris is awesome! He makes my son's lessons fun and challenging. He "read" my son and has quickly built a strong rapport with him. Really happy we found him.
He is very nice and a great teacher!!
Chris makes piano lessons fun and educational
Chris has been teaching both of my children piano for over half a year. He is their first teacher and they love coming to lessons every week. Although they both have different personalities and learning styles, he is able to motivate and talk to them in a way that reaches each of them. Chris is punctual, professional and encouraging. He has made piano a fun and important part of my kids' lives.
He is the BEST.
I'm in high school and I have been taking violin lessons with Chris for about four months; with his amazing method of teaching I have stepped into a whole new level of playing the violin. He has taught me to be confident in performance and showed me a really great method of practicing. I've learned to identify my errors when I play, fix them, and then play until it is perfect, for me. I've definitely grown a bigger passion for music thanks to Chris. The studio where the lessons are held is very welcoming and I am always greeted with a smile. I've seen his lessons with other kids and it is amazing the way he is able to communicate with them on their level. I look forward to my even further advancement as every lesson I learn so much from him. He's an inspiration and I feel so lucky to have him as my instructor.
Fun talented teacher that meets the energy level of 5yo kids
Chris is teaching my 5yo daughter piano lessons. He is always happy, high energy and engages my daughter in the class through games and incentives to get her to focus 100% while in class. He praises my daughter on her work, which increases her self-esteem and leads into her wanting to play more.
I like that his teaching method has structure, also making sure that she learns the rhythm and music theory.
He is flexible with date/time for make-up classes.
In the short amount of time we have been with him I have seen her progress and she looks forward every week to meet Chris for class.
What I love about this teacher:
Fun, Encouraging, Enthusiastic, Honest, Patient, Respectful, Friendly, Reliable, Positive, Flexible
Above and beyond our expectations!!!
Chris has been our son's piano teacher for close to a year now. We started the piano classes with the hope our son will learn something new and hopefully have a great time doing it. We instead got so much more !!! Chris is very enthusiastic, very knowledgeable in approaching our 5 year old son, and relentlessly devoted to growing in his students a lifetime love for music and the benefits of the music in general.
I am so happy for having Chris as our son's teacher, that I started taking classes myself, even thou that was never my intention at the beginning.
We are very happy to have Chris as our son's and my teacher and we would happily recommend him to anybody.
Great learning and great fun
My son is 7 years old and has been taking lessons with Chris for 10 months. I took my son to the first lesson, but Chris deserves all the credit for my son's enjoyment of music. My son is always excited to go to music class with Chris. His musical development is wonderful. He is learning to play both guitar and piano. It is great seeing my son enjoy learning so much. He just finished his first recital. Chris has done such a good job that my 5 year old daughter is now asking to take classes with Chris.
Christopher is an amazing music teacher
I have been taking piano lesson with Chris for quite a while now and I am glad that I am.Chris is someone who is devoted to their job and is always making sure the student understands.He tries to make sure that everything he is teaching is crystal clear.I always look forward to our lessons because each week there is something new to learn.He always has something prepared for each lesson which can become challenging but he will make sure you understand. He is always in an energetic mood and always greets you with a smile and a high five.He tries to teach in way that's fun and entertaining which he never fails at.Each time you go to a lesson you learn something completely new.He is such a big motivation when it comes to music.
Christopher is a wonderful teacher.
I have been taking lessons with Chris for almost a year and he is by far the best professor I have had. There are so many words to describe Chris but, energetic, talented, dedicated and friendly have to be the top ones. Every class is something new and I feel like I learn faster with him than I would with anyone else. Whenever I come in I'm greeted with a High-Five and a smile so being friendly is not an issue. He is also great with kids. I watched one of his classes with a younger child (about 7 or 8) and he matched the boy's energy while still staying professional. Another great thing about him is that he is extremely motivated and motivational. Whenever I'm feeling sluggish he always finds a way to get me up and going. All around Chris is a great teacher with an undying love for music.