In my many years of teaching and being taught I have realized that the best teachers are those who really focus on the needs of the student and help them realize their passion for playing music. This usually involves a lesson plan which combines both technical aspects and working on songs, so that the student is both working and having fun at the same time!
My experience is varied: I have a Bachelor's of Music from New York University, have taught masterclasses at the Costa Rica International Jazz Festival and an event sponsored by the the Thelonious Monk Institute's International Jazz day, as well as taught at music camps (all ages) and at an orphanage in Ghana.
I can travel to Brooklyn and Manhattan to give lessons, I can teach kids as well as adults.
*** Travel Equipment ***
I can provide music, music stand, amp, etc at my studio. I expect a student to have their own instrument, although I can supply one of my instruments for lessons at my studio.
*** Specialties ***
I can teach from beginner to very advanced on guitar, bass guitar and upright bass in the styles of Rock, Jazz, Blues, Pop, R&B, Hip-Hop etc. I also have experience in other subjects such as Logic Pro, Composition, Music Theory, Djembe. My focus is usually on performance for guitar/bass and composition/production for the other fields.
· Guitar · In home Chris was on time and well prepared. He spent time understanding where my 11-year old son was in terms of skills, experience and interests, and tailored the lesson accordingly. My son thinks Chris is "awesome", and is looking forward to the next lesson!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio I've really enjoyed taking lessons from Chris. He is knowledgable and able to articulate intricate musical concepts while presenting a casual, welcoming vibe. He honed in quickly on where I was in my training and steered the lessons to what I needed most to learn at that moment. I've progressed quite a bit since taking lessons with Chris. I'm playing more and better and I can't think of any higher praise for a teacher.
· Bass Guitar · In home It was always a lifelong dream of mine to play the bass and Chris has made that a reality by providing affordable lessons and taking a slow, hands on approach to teaching me the bass. He is also such a nice guy so that makes the whole experience that much better. I am forever thankful that I met Chris and look forward to working with him more!
· Guitar · In home Chris got me suuper excited about learning how to play the guitar. As a beginner, I was nervous for my first lesson but Chris made it fun from the start. Very patient and relaxed teacher. He calms your nerves and gets you doing a lot each lesson. I've only had a few and my friends are already (sort of) impressed!
· Upright Bass · In home Really great teacher, listens to you and helps with what you need to grow as a musician. Smart and nice, always willing to spend extra time working on what you need most.
· Guitar · In home BEST INSTRUCTOR EVER! Seriously, I learned more than I thought I could in just a couple lessons. His skill level is very high- very beautiful to watch him play and he is patient and creative as a teacher. I highly recommend him!
· Acoustic Guitar · In studio Chris is an awesome teacher. He adapts the lessons entirely to you as individual - letting you pick the songs you want to learn & the pace you want to learn them, meanwhile giving you enough structure to make substantial progress.
· Guitar · In home Chris is a phenomenal teacher! I already have a strong background in music theory, but after only a few lessons I feel like I have some facility on the guitar. His hands on approach was refreshing and effective. Highly recommended!
· Acoustic Guitar · In home Christopher is the best teacher ever! I was playing my favorite songs from the first class! Christopher explains everything clearly, he is patient and teaches whatever you wanna learn. I highly recommend him if you wanna learn fast and wanna be playing music from the first day. :)