- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Christian L. and I am a 28 year old guitar/music instructor in the Orlando area.
My interest in guitar began when I was 12 years old and blossomed into a full time obsession about 3 years later when I started playing small gigs as a solo guitarist playing simple jazz and classical pieces for small art clubs and events. Alongside gigging, I also began teaching guitar, ear training, and music theory when I turned 18 and have been teaching full time ever since. During that time I also spent 4 years in music school for classical guitar. Currently I spend my time teaching, recording, and performing various styles including rock, jazz, pop, hip-hop, musical theater, metal, and country.
Throughout the 8 years I have been an instructor I believe I have refined my teaching style to be as versatile as possible to accommodate any learning style a student may have. I am capable of teaching all styles of guitar at any skill level with an emphasis on ear training and general knowledge of guitar techniques.
Slight disclaimer in regards to lesson length, price, and student interest:
Over the past year or so I have tried a new teaching structure that I find to be quite rewarding for myself and the students I have had. My lessons do not have a maximum time limit, meaning a lesson could go for 2 hours, if that is what the student wanted, for the same price as a 45 min lesson.
This may sound strange in that I would be losing out on a large amount of potential money but the simple answer is this: I love music and guitar as well as teaching music and guitar. If we are in the middle of a great topic that you, the student, is really interested in, there is no way that I am simply going to stop talking about it when the "timer" stops and there is no way I am going to charge you more for getting into a topic you want to learn.
I find that students who spend more time in the lessons tend to become more interested in guitar and thus, better at playing. I do have to instill a minimum time limit of 45 mins however, any less is honestly just not enough time to get anything worth while accomplished.
One last thing, music and guitar have made up the majority of my daily routine for the past 10 or so years and have literally paid for everything that I currently own as I have never had any other type of job. What this means is that I take the craft very seriously and I project that in the lessons. Basically, if you are genuinely interested in learning guitar and music at any skill level, I will show you everything I possibly can to let you meet your goals. However, if you do not take it seriously, as in you don't pick up or even think about the guitar except for lesson days, the lessons may quickly feel pointless.
For more information on what I teach, feel free to look into the category entitled "Guitar" as well as any of the other subcategories that you are interested in.
If you want some examples of my playing/writing/recordings, check out the videos below or any of these links to the various projects that I produce.
I currently teach out of Rocket Studios in Orlando as well as online lessons via Skype. I continue to teach all ages, styles, and skill levels. My online roster includes students from Florida, California, Vermont, and Quebec.
30+ Jazz/Classical gigs. Solo performances as well as small ensemble in locations throughout south west Florida and Miami, including:
Solo work at the Miami International Guitar Festival
Solo Recital at Florida Gulf Coast University
Trio work at the Guitar Sarasota Showcase Concert
Solo work at the 2007 Presidents Concert at FGCU
Solo work at the Naples Wine Festival
50+ Rock (electric guitar oriented) gigs with three original groups and two cover groups throughout Florida. Locations include Naples, Sarasota, Ft. Myers, Miami, Ft. Lauderdale, Jacksonville, Orlando, Tampa, and Gainesville, including:
2009-2013 New Years at the Marco Island Marriot (crowd of 500+)
Showcase concert at Germain Arena, Estero Fl.
Cornerstone Strawberry Music Festival, Naples Fl.
10 theater contracts including
"Hedwig and the Angry Inch" (Guitar, 2010)
"Dirty Rotten Scoundrels" (Guitar/Banjo, 2011)
"All Shook Up" (Guitar 1, 2012)
"The Great American Trailer Park Musical" (Guitar, 2013)
"Camp Rock" (Guitar 1, 2014)
"Showtime" (Guitar, 2014)
"Brooklyn the Musical" (Guitar, 2015)
"They're Playing Our Song" (Guitar, 2015)
"Legally Blonde" (Guitar, Mandolin, 2015)
"Catch Me If You Can" (Guitar, Banjo, 2016)
Performance of "Classic Country Western Pops 3" with the Southwest Florida Symphony at Barbara B. Mann Performing Arts Hall.
Multiple studio sessions The Music Lab Studios as well as Starke Lake Studios covering guitar and bass parts.
Currently performing at the House of Blues Sunday Gospel Brunch.
I have also had one of my original pieces licensed out to the Samsung Corporation for a nationwide product promotion.
During my stay at Morningstar Music, I averaged 19 students a week from 2006-2012 with the lightest week being around 10 students and the heaviest being around 30 students. I have taught over 6,000 private guitar lessons with an age range from 5-82 years. I have had over 100 students with an average duration of 2 years, longest being 6+ years
· Guitar · In home So I started out with Christian just knowing the basic chords after noodling around for the past few years. I knew I hit a point where I wasn't going to have the freedom to explore until I learned music theory and got the foundations down. I went in wanting to know the basics to be able to go into any genre at some point. Man I was not disappointed. He is supremely patient working with you at whatever level you're at. And you can tell he's truly passionate and cares as a teacher. For example, countless times we go over the 1 hour time window and he never rushes you out. He sticks with you until the lesson feels concluded naturally. Honestly its all you can ever want out of a teacher. Whether learning riffs from a song, or figuring out what key a song is in, or how to apply the scales at every level, he simply has you covered. I am extremely grateful to have been so lucky to have found him. He alone is one of those rare musicians where his ability, technique, and skill in the art form is matched in his ability to teach it.
· Guitar · In studio Just took my first lessons with Christian and I'm pretty excited! He's got a lot of knowledge and knows what he is doing. He also goes at your own pace so there's no pressure or time pressing against understanding and learning the material. I feel like I'm going to be able to learn and grow from his teachings and recommend him to anyone looking. Remember practice makes perfect and I can't wait for my next lesson!
· Music Theory · In studio Honestly I couldn't have picked a better teacher. Above all else, Christian really takes the time to help you understand what he's teaching and how to apply it to your own playing. I've been playing guitar for 10 years now and before I started taking lessons from him, I never knew how much I didn't know. Every lesson is fun and engaging and definitely well worth the rate. Bar none.
· Guitar · In studio Christian is a career guitar performer and instructor. He is fluid on the fretboard and the blackboard. Not only is he knowledgeable about technique and composition but his acumen of contemporary guitar history is comprehensive, I can't believe I got so lucky to have chosen Christian first round on TakeLessons by simply reading his bio. He has instilled in me the desire to become a better player and increased my enjoyment of the instrument tenfold. Thanks Christian!