I have been teaching private lessons for 15 years. I taught mostly beginning students in 5th grade and then continued with them as they progressed through high school. I also have taught adult students who were new or returning to the cello. In addition to private cello lessons, I also direct an after school string orchestra comprised of all beginning students. The students play violin, viola, and cello. I have also coached ensembles and sectionals for middle school and high school string orchestra students. I love music and I have found my calling to be teaching others to also love and appreciate music. I enjoy working with students of all ages and levels to find ways to help them learn and enjoy playing music.
Teach general music classes grades K through 8
Teach general music classes grades pre-K through 8
Taught general music classes grades pre-K through 3; directed after school string orchestra grades 4-8
Sigma Alpha Iota is a professional International Music Fraternity for women. Formed to uphold the highest standards of music and to further the development of music in America and throughout the world, it continues to provide musical and educational resources to its members and the general public.Sigma Alpha Iota operates its own national philanthropy, Sigma Alpha Iota Philanthropies, Inc.
· Cello · Online My son really enjoyed the lesson and is excited to returned. She worked with his pace and level. He left lesson feeling like he learned something but not too overwhelmed.
· Cello · Online yes
· Cello · Online My daughter had her first lesson today with Chrissy. As a beginner my daughter is not as confident as she would like to be, Chrissy was very kind and professional.
· Cello · In home Wonderful and progressive !
· Cello · In studio Chrissy was always very professional, and lessons were productive and fun! She was a very supportive instructor, always tailoring lessons to my individual needs.
· Cello · In home I loved taking lessons from Chrissy! She was my favorite teacher I've had! We would have fun even while she corrected my form and taught me new pieces. She was hard on me, made sure I practiced and generally made me a much better player. She charged less than most teachers and taught more than any other teacher I've had. I would strongly recommend her for any cello student looking for a great teacher!
· Cello · In home I had the pleasure of taking lessons from Chrissy for six years throughout middle and high school. After our first lesson together I knew there was no one else I'd rather take lessons from. Her dedication to her students was expressed in each and every meeting by her energetic approach to education. Besides maintaining a well practiced understanding of school repertoire, Chrissy sought out supplemental pieces which kept my six years with her exciting as I learned music that I was passionate about. The culmination of her hard work was showcased in the annual recital she organized for her students. While most of us performed solos and duets with our cellos, she encouraged other performances as well, including voice and bassoon solos. Chrissy is a fantastic teacher, and I can say wholeheartedly that my passion for classical music was influenced by her teaching.