- National Criminal Record Check
- County/State Criminal Record Check
- Sex Offender Registry Search
- SSN Trace & Verification
My name is Chris and I am a professional trumpet player and educator. I have been teaching private music lessons since 2005 and have loved helping my students prepare for auditions, learn the fundamentals of their instruments, and grow as musicians. I went to Mercyhurst University and earned a Bachelor's of Music Degree in Music Education in 2009. I then went on to perform around the world as a lead trumpet player on cruise ships. I'm a passionate and determined person and my teaching style is goal oriented, encouraging, and personalized. I look forward to helping you reach your goals!
I oversea the entire music department. This includes training and supervising 16 other music instructors, planning performances, and ensuring campers have the best summer of their lives.
I perform with a 7-9 piece orchestra that plays alongside guest entertainers, provides big band dance music, and accompanies production show singers and dancers.
I teach beginning through advanced 1-on-1 and group lessons to trumpet, trombone, and French horn students. I also run the brass ensemble which brings all of the private lesson students together to perform.
Bugles Across America, NFP was founded in 2000 by Tom Day, when Congress passed legislation stating that Veterans have a right to at least two uniformed military people to fold the flag and play Taps on a CD player. Bugles Across America was founded to take this a step further. In recognition of the service these Veterans have provided to their country, we felt that they each deserve a live rendition of Taps by a real bugler. To this end, we are actively seeking capable volunteers to provide this valuable service to Veterans and their families.
Founded in 1907, NAfME is among the world’s largest arts education organizations. NAfME advocates at the local, state, and national levels; provides resources for teachers, parents, and administrators; hosts professional development events; and offers a variety of opportunities for students and teachers.
· Trumpet · Online Very knowledgeable and helpful!
· Piano · In home Chris is teaching my 9-year-old to play piano for the first time. He's very patient with him and helps him stay focused. He's made practice easy for him to follow and seems to be moving at a pace fast enough to keep my son interested and challenged. Chris is able to work with this energy level really well. I know my son is having fun and excited to be learning piano.
· Trumpet · In studio My son really enjoys Chris. He is an experienced and knowledgeable teacher and his enthusiasm is contagious. He sends an update with feedback after each lesson. Our son thinks he is easy to talk to and really nice. We are pleased with our sons improvement in only two months of lessons.
· Trumpet · In studio I'd never taken lessons before starting them with Chris, but I'm glad I waited. He's a great guy and knows what he's doing.
· Trumpet · In studio Chris is by far the best lesson teacher I have ever had, he is always understanding and very helpful, and the lesson enviroment is always relaxed and always flows nicely. His method of teaching is one that cand eaisly be adapted to any student from beginer to advanced. With other lesson teachers I would stare at the clock and count down the seconds till my lesson was over, but with Chris time flies by, yet I get more done every lesson then I did with my former lesson teachers. Overall Chris is an amazing lesson teacher, and I would strongly recomend him.
· Trumpet · Online Awesome first lesson! My son is so excited for the second!
· Trumpet · Online
· Trumpet · Online Chris is an amazing teacher and musician. I have had online trumpet lessons with him and it really helped me become better with techniques I didn't really learn about with other teachers. I would really recommend him as a musical instrument teacher, if it's for both beginners or advanced players.
Thank you for your help Chris.
· Trumpet · In studio Chris, "Chris Brass", is an amazing trumpet teacher. I've taken trumpet and French horn lessons with him at Long Lake Camp for the Arts for the past four summers, and he's helped me tremendously with both of these instruments. I have been able to gain more of a hold on techniques, as well as learn a ton of tips and tricks from Chris that I am very thankful for. Overall, Chris is a very talented and amazing teacher, and also a very kind person.
· Trumpet · In studio My experience with Chris as a trumpet teacher has been very good, though less formal than other students. Having played beside him in ensembles and played for him in sessions, I can attest to his level of musicianship and his technical ability. If you were to give a sheet of music, whether it be a lead sheet, solo repertoire, or even just a technical exercise, to a run of the mill musician they could read it down and play it with no to few mistakes. If you gave that same sheet to Chris, he would play it with the same precision, but with much more musicality concerning details in the music. Details like dynamics, style, articulations, and the theory behind the notes do not go unnoticed. Chris also makes sure that this type of detail oriented thinking while playing is something that is passed onto his students in lessons. Another component I like about Chris' teaching is his flexibility and adaptability in his modes of teaching. Rather than just stay with one tried and true method book (e.g. Arban's and only Arban's), Chris has taken a plethora of past teaching methods and assembled them into a teaching style that meets the modern (and often multiple cross-genres) demands on the trumpet.