Hi there! My name is Chris and I've been playing music my entire life and I believe that with the right attitude and environment anyone can achieve musical greatness!
I was born into a musical family and have studied classical piano since I was 4 years old! I am very well versed in music theory and proper technique, with an emphasis on avoiding player's injuries, as well as a great knowledge of classical Pieces for any skill level.
As a young teenager I grew rebellious and learned how to play the electric guitar and have since sought teachers outside my family to learn modern styles and 5 other instruments!! I have also worked toward a music degree and have made music the center of my life.
Classical music is not everyone's passion but a good practice routine, attitude and environment is always a good thing to have as these things are important regardless of your favorite music.
*** Lesson Details ***
Lessons are held with a fun and relaxed attitude. Learning music should always be enjoyable and a good attitude and love for music is cultured and encouraged.
Lessons are structured just like a practice session should be. We will begin with a warm-up exercise designed to acquaint you with the proper technique to meet your personal musical goals. the next activities are highly personalized, but is usually something like reading music or a music theory game. These activities are things that are good for you but may not be your favorite part of learning music. They will, however, go a long way toward your better understanding of how your favorite music is structured.
Examples could be learning about 12 bar blues, common strum patterns (for guitar), scales, sight-reading, or music analysis.
We will spend the rest of class learning and practicing an activity of your choice. This is usually a song but can be anything you wish to improve upon. this is usually a long-term goal of yours. *I've always wanted to learn......*
By structuring our lessons the same as how you will practice, and by keeping good notes, it will be easy for you to take on practice at home and achieve all of your musical goals!
*** Travel Equipment ***
Students should have their own guitar/piano/keyboard etc. Guitar/violin students should also have a music stand and tuner to keep at home. I will bring picks, spare tuner, music, and handouts.
*** Specialties ***
I primarily specialize in classical piano in styles such as Muzio Clementi and Frederic Chopin. I also play Bach and various Spanish classical guitar pieces. I have also extensively studied electric guitar in Blues such ZZ Top, Metal such as Metallica, and rock such as Led Zeppelin. I have also studied Irish and Celtic folk music for instruments such as Mandolin and Violin.
A well balanced fun and educational curriculum is available in your home and at my home studio. travel time is limited right now as I am currently going to school so please send me a message!
· Ukulele · In studio My daughter Lilli has been taking lessons from Chris for almost a year now and he is an amazing teacher. There are times when Lilli isn't paying attention or not responding to Chris and he has amazing patience with her. I couldn't have found a better Ukulele teacher anywhere else.
· Cello · In studio Special thanks to a wonderful and talented teacher, Chris, on National Teacher's day!!
· Guitar · In home Chris is a great instructor! He is a very skilled musician and most importantly, a very skilled teacher. I chose him as my instructor because of his background in many different instruments and musical styles.
· Cello · In studio Chris is a delightful musician and a gifted, knowledgeable teacher. Every lesson is fun, structured, individualized, enriched with music theory and history, and inspires disciplined practice at home. I absolutely love it!
· Violin · In home Chris brings a great attitude to every lesson and sometimes I even catch my son having a great time!
· Violin · In home Chris made the lesson a lot of fun for my 7 year old daughter. He's the 3rd instructor we have tried and is by far the best!
· Guitar · In home Chris is excellent with kids and is very knowledgeable about teaching guitar.
· Guitar · In studio Chris was professional. He was able to ascertain the types of music my daughter likes. He also praised her for her efforts. Thank you Chris for taking the time with my daughter to help her fulfill one of her goals.
· Ukulele · In home Wonderful lesson! Great teacher.
· Piano · In home Chris is great with kids. He makes it fun. My son will definitely enjoy going to his lessons.